• Latest reply 3 years ago by DCRand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Royal Flush Replay (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Have sometimes on my own, sometimes with help here, tracked down and solved about a half a dozen “last”problems with this game. Only to find another.

Hopefully the really last one: game adds free game, ie: advances credit wheel and fires knocker, only on The 3rd and 4th players hitting free game point totals. On 1st and 2nd player and special kick out hole, no winner, no knocker, no credit wheel advance. But the kick out hole does score the extra 1,000 points.

Have chased down several possible paths through the schematic with no success. Primarily focused on the coin and player units. Am I even looking in the right places?

#2 3 years ago

If you're lucky the replay level credit problem is with the set of switches or wipers in the red boxes.
Royal Flush Replay (resized).jpgRoyal Flush Replay (resized).jpg
Verify with your meter (not just visually) that the P1E and P2E switches close for player 1 and player 2 respectively and that the paths through the Player Unit wiper from yellow+green to orange-green (player 1) and orange+green (player 2) close when they should.

If those check out the problem could be in the player 1 and 2 1000s and 10,000s score reel wiper boards. They could be dirty or have a broken wire.

For the kickout hole special you need to check all of the switches along the top row of the schematic above.

/Mark

#3 3 years ago

Mark,

Thank you for the suggestion and schematic pic. That is where I was looking at pathways previously. But took your advice and checked player unit. P switches have continuity from orange through p-4e correctly as the cams turn. Player unit has continuity from orange and slate wires to yellow green at the right time for each ball, 1 through 5.

Haven’t touched score reels yet. Still have ptsd from trying to get them all adjusted when trying to just get this machine to play a game. Will tackle them sometime tomorrow after sleeping on it and a round of 9 on the golf course in the morning.

Thanks for the late night advice and help.

#4 3 years ago

Oh forgot to mention. Somehow in all that testing, the Playfield kick out hole now works and gives a free game when it should. I just wish the player one and player two scores did the same.

#5 3 years ago

Before taking the Score Reels apart spend a little more time investigating the circuit and checking the resistance (not just continuity) between points along the way. That might save you the trouble of disassembling and cleaning Score Reels that don't need it.

For example on the player 1 1000s Score Reel the maroon+white wire comes in from the right side of the schematic and can connect to any one of the 10 other wires depending on the position of the score reel. You should be able to check each digit and see little to no resistance between maroon+white and one of the other wires.

You could also try changing the replay levels to see if that changes the behavior.

#6 3 years ago

Mark, I usually think resistance is futile. Sorry it’s late couldn’t resist. So player one is now fixed by measuring resistance and continuity discovered that the I don’t know what you call it small little wiper that rides on the hub of the score reel. Wasn’t making contact with the inner wheel copper of the wiper board. It’s late I’m quitting for the night but I’m guessing player two is a similar problem. Thanks for the help will report back when I check player two score reel.

#7 3 years ago

Done finished complete. Game working, no known problems. Thank you Mark, and others who helped with earlier challenges. Putting back box cover on, and sliding it into lineup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-next-in-never-ending-series-of-lastproblems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.