• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bdfgdfgg23 (resized).png
IMG_0927 (2) (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me where these parts go and take a photo. I think drop targets?

IMG_0927 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_0927 (2) (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

From a Gottlieb royal flush 1976

#3 3 years ago

Goes in the lightbox, something to do with the lock or lock levers or... something like that, not sure. Looking at the angle, maybe it slides up against the strike plate(s) ?

bdfgdfgg23 (resized).pngbdfgdfgg23 (resized).png

#4 3 years ago

According to the 1978 Gottlieb parts catalog P, part A-15481 is called a glass wedge and belongs in the lightbox of 2- and 4-player games.

Wish I could provide a photo, but from a quick inspection of my only Gottlieb EM multiplayer (from 1973), I could not spot this part.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

According to the 1978 Gottlieb parts catalog P, part A-15481 is called a glass wedge and belongs in the lightbox of 2- and 4-player games. Wish I could provide a photo, but from a quick inspection of my only Gottlieb multiplayer (from 1973), I could not spot this part.

Couldn't see them in my '75 Fast Draw either. Look for a couple of empty screw holes in your lightbox to see where they may have been. Perhaps they are a temporary part normally removed after shipping?
There are thick metal pieces on my FD in the bottom corners that hold the backglass from shifting side to side, but rectangular and two screw holes.

#6 3 years ago

Thats awesome, thank you, walt

#7 3 years ago

They would be placed on one side of the backglass low in the back box.

One would be positioned with the long edge to the side of the backbox with the taper pointing up and secured with a screw.

Then you would place the backglass in position. The expectation would be that there would still be a gap between the wedge and the backglass.

The second wedge is then inserted rotated 180° from the first one as a wedge to fill the gap between the first wedge and the backglass. Not jammed, just close. Then secure the position of the second wedge with a screw.

If these were removed from your game there will be signs of the screw holes on one side or the other of the backbox.

#8 3 years ago

Wonder when they switched from using rectangular ones on both sides to these on one side. Or vice versa?

1 week later
#9 3 years ago

Looking inside the back box of my Royal Flush there are two on each side transposed at 180 degrees at the base of the Back glass to center the glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-mystery-part?hl=judoratt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.