Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinhead52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I think the previous owner(s) got creative with Royal Flush. It looks to me like they moved the game counter from its original position (no idea why). More importantly, can anyone tell me if that is the AS match relay in the background? My match unit does not work, and I'd like to correct this. I don't see this AS relay there in pictures of other machines. And, the black power wire to it is not connected. You see it sort of running over to the motor. Can anyone help me sort this out? You can ignore the other disconnected relays in the picture, I was replacing some crispy continuos hold relays.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I think the previous owner(s) got creative with Royal Flush. It looks to me like they moved the game counter from its original position (no idea why). More importantly, can anyone tell me if that is the AS match relay in the background? My match unit does not work, and I'd like to correct this. I don't see this AS relay there in pictures of other machines. And, the black power wire to it is not connected. You see it sort of running over to the motor. Can anyone help me sort this out? You can ignore the other disconnected relays in the picture, I was replacing some crispy continuos hold relays.

Don't know what they were trying to do with that counter.

That is an AS relay but not your match relay. Your match relay will be mounted in the head and have two wiper circuit boards on the sides with a harness/connectors which will make it totally removable.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks Mikeo. Any idea what that unit shown is, or how it should be wired?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Thanks Mikeo. Any idea what that unit shown is, or how it should be wired?

A similar stepper (to the match) was used for 2 coins per play, you could set the game up to take two quarters/50c etc

#5 2 years ago

The counter could be anything.

Counters were used primarily to count games played. Operators would add additional counters to count the coin drop. Hard to say what they are trying to do on your game. All it takes to index the counter is a momentary 25V signal. So, depending on what it is hooked up to, it could be anything.

1 week later
#6 2 years ago

You were right about the AS match relay in the backbox. I can't believe I didn't see it there before. Maybe I'll get the match feature working someday.
If I wanted to put the counter back to the original place, how should it be wired?
Do I need this additional AS stepper, wired to the add player relay, or can I remove it? The black wire is not connected, and I'm not sure where it should go.

#7 2 years ago

Here are the connections for the counter, pic below. And the additional stepper is for 2 coins per play, ie 2 quarters for 1 game. I usually set my games to free play etc

Capture (resized).JPG

#8 2 years ago

I do too, so does it matter if my extra stepper us even wired up?

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

I do too, so does it matter if my extra stepper us even wired up?

no, just secure the loose wires

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Birmingham, AL
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sarnia, ON
Various Other Swag
Third Coast Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside