Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chimes (resized).jpg
player unit (resized).jpg
royal1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bells (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgAmpGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Hi BogdanW,

It looks like that game is in great shape. Don’t give up, it’s a fun one.

As HowardR says, the player unit directs the score. If you moved it manually, it would go:

Player 1, ball 1
Player 2, ball 1
Player 3, ball 1
Player 4, ball 1
Player 1, ball 2
Player 2, ball 2,

And so on, until the game is over.

So, the possibilities are that either the player unit mechanism isn’t moving smoothly and closing the correct switches, or it’s not being told to move the right number of times.

A one player game actually has to pulse the solenoid 4 times to move from player 1, ball 1, to player 1, ball 2, etc.

I suspect that the 2nd problem is what you are experiencing, based on your description. I’ll check the schematic and see what I can suggest. The other great folks on pinside will probably beat me to it

Good luck,
Dave

#6 3 years ago

Here’s a great document on the interaction of the player unit and coin unit.

https://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/Player%20Unit%20Troubleshooting.pdf

I suspect that the issue is in the player unit, on the switch that makes it skip past player 2 on a one player game or in the coin unit, where the contacts on the rotating wheel are supposed to be closed to complete the circuit.

See the switches marked P2G, P3G, P4G in the document.

I remember helping a friend out with a 4 player Gottlieb machine of this era and one of the little wires on the coin unit disc had broken. Once I resoldered it, all was well.

Dave

#8 3 years ago

The coin unit should never move for a one player game.
It is critical that the contacts on the disc are clean so that you get all of your pulses.
Then it’s up to the 3 switches in the player unit to make sure that it skips the players that aren’t playing. If those switches are dirty or misadjusted, you would see thus failure.
You can remove the screw in the upper right corner of the player unit and it will pivot down so you can see the switches. It’s a common thing to have to service on these games.

There’s also a small possibility that the score motor switch that gives the pulses is dirty or misadjusted. That the “1A” switch. The wires on that switch are black on one contact and white-slate on the other.

Of course the jones plugs that connect the backbox to the motor board have to be considered, but your issue seems a little too consistent for that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgAmpGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-gottliebfirst-player-ball-scoring?tu=dgAmpGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.