(Topic ID: 248197)

Royal Flush EM - Startup issue - Score motor keeps spinning (Fixed)

By Barakawins1

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by matthewra
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
#1 4 years ago

Working on a royal flush today. Was playing fine till today. On startup, the score motor keeps spinning. Nothing else going on. When I advance the player unit
manually a few times, the score motor stops and I'm able to play a game. When I start back up I'm back to the score motor constantly spinning. Any ideas where I
should be looking?

#2 4 years ago

Check score reel, if not setting to 0, score motor will keep spinning until "0" is on all reels.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Check score reel, if not setting to 0, score motor will keep spinning until "0" is on all reels.

Also, if good contact isn't being made, the reels may all zero out but the machine doesn't recognize it. Also, player unit zero sw. might be gooked up. Check the start sequence:

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#4 4 years ago

Ok I found the fix. I was watching the reset coil on the bottom of the cabinet. It was sparking slightly. I touched it with a tooth pick to close one of the contacts
and everything reset. Adjusted the contacts and now all is well!

1 year later
#5 3 years ago

2021 January 30 - got an RF - broke it when trying to fi bonus scoring issue.
Would not start up - adjusted coils and replaced fuse blown by some stuck contacts...
Now score motor runs continuously and Player 1 score reel does not reset

when you say "reset coil on the bottom of the cabinet" do you mean the X Reset relay coil?

#7 3 years ago

Cool, thanks - am continuing on that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-em-startup-issue-score-motor-keeps-spinning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.