(Topic ID: 231281)

Royal Flush EM - Flipper and gate buzz - How to stop this?

By Barakawins1

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Barakawins1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm working on a Royal Flush Em. Both the left and right flippers have a considerable amount of flipper buzz as does the gate when opening. Is there a way to
fix this? I already changed the coil stops on the flippers, tightened all bolts down. When the flipper energizes this rattling buzzing happens. The springs only
retract the plunger and work fine. I cleaned the plungers and the sleeves, still no change. Anyone have a good solution?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

Check for proper adjustment of the EOS switches.

By adjustments, do you mean that the contacts are touching together? Yes.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Do you have the correct stops installed?

Yes. My old ones were fine. I installed new ones received from pinball resource. No difference.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Cash_Riprock:

If the switch OPENS when flipper is operated, you want the switch to just open slightly at end of stroke.

I'll check this again today. It think they open just so slightly. As for the spring tension, I tried to unlatch the spring 1 turn and the flippers didn't come back to
their seated position. So I know the spring is fine. I'll check on the end of stroke operation again.

#13 5 years ago

Update: So, I changed the right coil spring return and the hum is considerably lower but still there. I think it's at a level where the hum is acceptable. Not sure
why the new spring return is making it sound better. Typically don't return springs get weaker and allow the plunger to pull into the coil better?

I'll change out the left spring return today and report back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Barakawins1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-em-flipper-and-gate-buzz-how-to-stop-this?tu=Barakawins1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.