• Latest reply 8 years ago by Raff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG 350.JPG
#1 8 years ago

Turned on machine this afternoon and lost the 100 digital number on score 1& 3 took the player 2 display out and swapped it with number 1 still no good photo.JPG 350.JPGphoto.JPG 350.JPG
if some one can please point me in the right direction would be grateful

#2 8 years ago

This can be caused by a bad contact in a display connector at the CPU board or a defective 7404 chip at the cpu board. Clean J2 and J3 edge connectors and if this doesn't help replace Z17 (7404) at the CPU board. Z25 (74154) can be the troublemaker also, Z17 is more likely however. Never pull these connectors while the game is powered on! You will miss more digits and/or segments afterwards.

Marco

#3 8 years ago

i moved j3 around and the digital came back up ,whats the best way to clean the connectors

#4 8 years ago

I use a fibreglass pencill myself for this kind of jobs. Also, rubbing the pads with a pencil gum eraser is very effective. Clean the pads with alcohol afterwards.

Marco

#5 8 years ago

i will be buying a pencil gum eraser, but could the contact need changing and whats the best way of changing them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-deluxe-lost-100-digital-on-player-1-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.