• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Raff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

detail_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Raff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

The top left lane, bottom left outside lane, top right lane that opens the gate and the right bottom inside lane 30,000 point lights never go out they are always on

#4 8 years ago

top left =lamp 18
top right=lamp 18
bottom left=lamp 16
right return =lamp 16

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Are those lights on before the game boots?

yes

#6 8 years ago

lamp 17 and 19 are on always too, looking at the schematic lamps 16,18,17 & 19 are all controlled by the same 74175 chip (z5)

#8 8 years ago

is there a substitute for the 74175 chip

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

That's good.
Remove the driver board from the game.
Use this procedure to test that 74175.

Tested the 74175 all legs tested around 0.6 but leg 1and 9 tested 0.3

#12 8 years ago

tested the other 74175 and all of the 1 and 9 legs read around the 0.3 so maybe the (z5) chip is ok, is there a replacement transistor for the mps-u45 I could use

#14 8 years ago

I have found the cen-u45 at marco specialties

#16 8 years ago

I tested Q17-20 and they have tested like all the other transistors, looked on the schematics for the coin counter transistors sorry cant find them a heads up would be good

#19 8 years ago

yep have a logic probe, thanks Chris for your help there is a lot of good info you are putting up here

#20 8 years ago

I can rule the 74175 out that chip is good ,and the interconnect harness is good tested it with the dmm , what on the mpu board would I be looking for that controls this lamps

#22 8 years ago

I put a new 74175 in (z5) lamps are still on so that rules z5 out

#24 8 years ago

Tested z4 and z5 pin 9 both the same
then tested z34 with the logic prob and pin 2 was pulsing on 1
and the opposite side there was no pulsing

#26 8 years ago

I am in the learning stage of using a logic probe , anyway probe is set on ttl and pulse
1/ Tested z4-pin 9 only the number 1 light is on the probe, no pulse
2/ Tested z5-pin 9 only the number 1 light is on the probe ,no pulse
3/ " " Z34 PIN 1 IS PULSING ON 0
4/ " " z34 pin 2 is pulsing on 1
I hope you can understand what I am trying to say ,so is the 0 on the probe =low and 1 =high pulse

#28 8 years ago

ok sorry wrong readings on z4 pin 9 it is pulsing on number 1 but on z5 pin 9 there are no lights on at all

#30 8 years ago

Checked z34 again pin 1 is pulsing on 0
and pin 2 is pulsing on 1 , and the lower pin number starts at the top left corner and the highest pin number finishes on the top right corner

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

If Z34/1 and 2 are pulsing, and Z5 pin 9 is not, then the likely failure is the interboard harness. The signal isn't getting across the connectors

Thanks chris you were spot on it was the harness connector the 7th wire from the right (z5) pin 9 is now pulsing all good

#34 8 years ago

Thanks again for all of your help chris, and for more complex problems I am looking forward to it

#35 8 years ago

I Am looking to buy two of this connector-edge double 48 pin to make a harness for the A1-J4 TO A3-J1
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/09-50-5245 I FOUND THEM AT THIS LINK BUT THERE ALL SOLD OUT IF ANYONE CAN
HELP OUT WHERE TO BUY THEM FROM WOULD BE APPRECIATED .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Raff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-deluxe-30000-rollover-lights-always-on?tu=Raff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.