Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160807_090135_(resized).jpg
Capture_(resized).PNG
Royal_Flush_2009_002_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

Hi knockerlover +
I looked up in the schematic "Royal Flush" --- the snippet that oldpins shows in post-3 shows it exactly (with colors of wires). NONE of the lights work - see the "Switch on E-Bonus-Score-Relay"
with wire-color-white-black, wire-color-blue-black ?
The E-Relay does pull-in (and You are rewarded with Bonus) --- but, question: Does this Switch "truely" closes ?
The list of relays in the schematics tells us "E-Relay 5A (zero B, zero C)" - means 5 Normally-Open switches on the relay (zero Normally-Closed switches, zero Make-and-Brake switches).

Want to investigate on that switch ? Switch REALLY closes ? Contact-points clean ? wires truly soldered-on ? Maybe we are lucky - maybe we must make further investigations using a Jumper-Wire. Greetings Rolf

#7 7 years ago

Hi knockerlover
great, "2,3,4 thousands" light up. I have not yet seen the inside of a Royal Flush. Here an idea - want to try ?

Look at oldpins JPG (post-3). Side by side are the wires soldered-on (at a bakelite plate on the unit). So "A-0-Mar-1000-Light", "B-1-Mar-Wh-2000-Light", "C-2-Mar-mingled-with-White-3000-Light", "D-3-Mar-Or-4000-Light", "E-4-Mar-mingled-with-Yellow-5000-Light".

My idea (can't remember having done once): With a short Jumper-Wire make a permanent connection*** "B-1-Mar-Wh-2000-Light" to "E-4-Mar-mingled-with-Yellow-5000-Light" (((You just jumper "feeding the lights"))). Questions:
When "B" lights-up --- does "E" light up ?
When "E" should light-up --- DOES "B" lights-up ?

(((May want to try on WORKING stuff - jumpering "B" and "D" --- to prove my theory right-or-wrong (?) )))

With this jumpering we test "is the fault in the stepper unit OR is the fault in the wiring to the lights ?". I do not know - please tell me: "Where is the stepper unit mounted" ? IF (if) it is NOT on the playfield: A Jones-Plug can be faulty.

connection***: Clip-on the gator-clip "one side of the Jumper-Wire" at Solder-Lug "B", clip-on the other end / gator-clip at Solder-Lug "E". When You do not have a Jumper-Wire having gator-clips: Simply wrap the bare end of a wire around the Solder-Lug. Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-bonus-arrows-not-lighting?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.