Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CactusJack
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160807_090135_(resized).jpg
Capture_(resized).PNG
Royal_Flush_2009_002_(resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

The game plays as it should, and the bonus scores properly only none of the arrows light as it's counting/scoring the bonus. I've drawn green arrows next to the inserts I'm referring to. As the bonus counts down it lights each one individually, and if you have that insert light (pair, flush, 3q's, etc.) it will score that bonus.

Royal_Flush_2009_002_(resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

I believe there is a bonus stepper unit ( probably on the underside of the playfield) that scans the bonus. On it, will be a bakelite part containing wipers (snow shoes) that skate across the river heads. Usually, there are stranded jumpers that either join nearby wipers or connect a wiper to a grounding lug under one of the three adjusting screws that mount the wiper. Check for breaks.

#3 2 years ago

Here is a snippet from a 'Card Whiz' which shows the bonus arrow lights. This circuit schematic should apply to your machine. 'E' represents the 'Bonus Score Relay'.

Capture_(resized).PNG

#4 2 years ago

Thanks guys. I've had that stepper unit completely out and I don't see anything inherently obvious. Is there a way to test it via continuity etc?

#5 2 years ago

Hi knockerlover +
I looked up in the schematic "Royal Flush" --- the snippet that oldpins shows in post-3 shows it exactly (with colors of wires). NONE of the lights work - see the "Switch on E-Bonus-Score-Relay"
with wire-color-white-black, wire-color-blue-black ?
The E-Relay does pull-in (and You are rewarded with Bonus) --- but, question: Does this Switch "truely" closes ?
The list of relays in the schematics tells us "E-Relay 5A (zero B, zero C)" - means 5 Normally-Open switches on the relay (zero Normally-Closed switches, zero Make-and-Brake switches).

Want to investigate on that switch ? Switch REALLY closes ? Contact-points clean ? wires truly soldered-on ? Maybe we are lucky - maybe we must make further investigations using a Jumper-Wire. Greetings Rolf

#6 2 years ago

Thanks you Rolf! This is the furthest I have been yet. The 2000, 3000, and 4000, are lighting now but the 1000 and 5000 still do not light. (I checked the bulbs already).

#7 2 years ago

Hi knockerlover
great, "2,3,4 thousands" light up. I have not yet seen the inside of a Royal Flush. Here an idea - want to try ?

Look at oldpins JPG (post-3). Side by side are the wires soldered-on (at a bakelite plate on the unit). So "A-0-Mar-1000-Light", "B-1-Mar-Wh-2000-Light", "C-2-Mar-mingled-with-White-3000-Light", "D-3-Mar-Or-4000-Light", "E-4-Mar-mingled-with-Yellow-5000-Light".

My idea (can't remember having done once): With a short Jumper-Wire make a permanent connection*** "B-1-Mar-Wh-2000-Light" to "E-4-Mar-mingled-with-Yellow-5000-Light" (((You just jumper "feeding the lights"))). Questions:
When "B" lights-up --- does "E" light up ?
When "E" should light-up --- DOES "B" lights-up ?

(((May want to try on WORKING stuff - jumpering "B" and "D" --- to prove my theory right-or-wrong (?) )))

With this jumpering we test "is the fault in the stepper unit OR is the fault in the wiring to the lights ?". I do not know - please tell me: "Where is the stepper unit mounted" ? IF (if) it is NOT on the playfield: A Jones-Plug can be faulty.

connection***: Clip-on the gator-clip "one side of the Jumper-Wire" at Solder-Lug "B", clip-on the other end / gator-clip at Solder-Lug "E". When You do not have a Jumper-Wire having gator-clips: Simply wrap the bare end of a wire around the Solder-Lug. Greetings Rolf

#8 2 years ago

Fixed! I cleaned the contacts on the bonus disc and the lights started working again. Thanks guys!

Added over 3 years ago: bonus disc = bonus stepper unit (lol)

#9 2 years ago

Bonus disc???

#10 2 years ago

Yeah. Definitely not the technical term now that you mention it. The contacts on the bonus stepper unit.

20160807_090135_(resized).jpg

#11 2 years ago

OK, got it. The exact same mini stepper is in the head for the match circuit. I just got the ratchet gear to replace mine. (Card Whiz)

#12 2 years ago

Now that things are lighting I discovered that the 2000 bonus (KK & JJ's) only scores when the playfield is UP. I wish I could understand the schematic enough to know where to look, if any of you wise sages would be kind enough to help me learn I'd love to.

#13 2 years ago

If it has a trip bank relay mounted to the underside of the playfield, check to make sure the bank is fully seated in the mounting slots and the wing nuts are tight. A slight twist of those units can cause contact make issues on the relays.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 26.95
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 6.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside