• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Royal Flush Player Unit (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

The start up sequence on my royal flush seems to function properly, but then at the end of ball one the bonus scores, the drops reset and the ball gets kicked into the shooter lane but it is still ball one. I’m pretty new to all of this, I have stared at the schematic for a long time, but I can’t see what switch would fire the player unit coil between balls to advance to player 2 or to player one ball 2 in a single player game. I’m guessing that is likely where my problem lies?

#2 5 years ago

Take the metal apron off. Between the center drain switch and shooter lane there is a switch in the trough. That switch advances the player unit. It might need to be gapped better or cleaned.

#3 5 years ago

The Add Player Unit circuit is kind of elaborate:
Royal Flush Player Unit (resized).jpgRoyal Flush Player Unit (resized).jpg
but if you can get through the reset sequence and see the problem in a 1 player game we can eliminate some of it. When the ball drains the P relay should fire, the score motor should turn and the P relay switch in the red box should close. I'd check that one and the other switches in the other red boxes.

/Mark

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for your help, I will continue to add to my observations in case that helps narrow things down.

If I start a one player game, all drops and score reels reset appropriately and the ball gets kicked to the shooter lane. If that first ball “drains” ( with the playfield up I am pressing the outhole switch) the score motor turns, the “o” ball return relay fires and the coil fires to eject the ball into the shooter lane this repeats until I l stop pressing that switch. If I press the through switch the score motor runs one position, the drop target reset fires, and the p relay fires. I don’t observe any change in the back box (player unit, Z1,Z2)

If I start a multi-player game at the end of player 1 ball one the bonus counts, the drops reset, and the ball is kicked to the shooter lane but it does not advance to player 2 or ball 2.

#5 5 years ago

Here's the startup sequence from the Royal Flush manual.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-76-not-firing-player-unit-motor-between-balls?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.