Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hi
The game has been unplayed since 7 month, but back then it was 100% working.
Now it starts as it should, but as soon as any switch is hit the chimeunit activate an hold the coil. The relay for it (eg N) stays energized.
No other switch react.
No action at the scorereels...they stay zero.
The main scoremotor seems to behave normal.
Any idea?

#2 3 years ago

The N relay will fire the chime and will lock on and stay active until one of the 10 point Score Reels advances so you likely have a bad connection to the Score Reels. If the problem is common to all four players it could be that the jones plug into the head needs to be reseated or cleaned. If the problem happens only on some players it could be a dirty switch on the Player Unit.

/Mark

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The N relay will fire the chime and will lock on and stay active until one of the 10 point Score Reels advances so you likely have a bad connection to the Score Reels. If the problem is common to all four players it could be that the jones plug into the head needs to be reseated or cleaned. If the problem happens only on some players it could be a dirty switch on the Player Unit.
/Mark

Thanx
It was all about cleaning and manually push relays back and forth to get switches "clean".
As we all know, EM games works best and rarely fail if used regulary
Now I only need to find out what makes the bonus counts down but only the chime and lamps without giving the actual points.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballark:

what makes the bonus counts down but only the chime and lamps without giving the actual points

That's this circuit (except for the Hole relay (G)). If you're lucky it'll be the switch on the Bonus Score relay (E), otherwise most likely the disk on the Bonus Unit relay (I) that everybody except me likes to complain about.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

That's this circuit (except for the Hole relay (G)). If you're lucky it'll be the switch on the Bonus Score relay (E), otherwise most likely the disk on the Bonus Unit relay (I) that everybody except me likes to complain about.
[quoted image]

Thanx for the input. I cleaned and adjusted both score and unit relays and now it works 100%
Btw...I like the little clever bonus unit
Take care
/Stefan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-76-hangs-on-any-switch?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.