You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wl_544.jpg
IMG_20150901_111954.jpg
IMG_20150901_112005.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hey guys, can't find where to change the game from 5 balls to 3 balls. Manual says under the playfield, but can't seem to find the jones connector that does this. Anyone know?

#2 8 years ago

It's under there somewhere. Small jones plug. The label may have fallen off so just look around.

If it isn't there, it's either in the backbox, or in front near the fuses. On every EM game.

#3 8 years ago

Can only find one Jones Plug under the playfield, and it is a large connector with 2 rows. I don't think this is the adjustment. The manual for sure says its under the playfield, but I am missing a lot of the labels. Can anyone show me a picture specifically where this setting might be?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Can only find one Jones Plug under the playfield, and it is a large connector with 2 rows. I don't think this is the adjustment. The manual for sure says its under the playfield, but I am missing a lot of the labels. Can anyone show me a picture specifically where this setting might be?

That Jones plug is the 3 ball to 5 ball adjustment. Move the plug to the other side. The rules change between 3 ball and 5 ball; so that's why there are a lot of wires on the plug.

#5 8 years ago

But the plug itself has 2 rows. So all the pins are covered, so can't move it over. Does that make sense?

#6 8 years ago

No. Take a picture and post it.

#7 8 years ago

IMG_20150901_112005.jpgIMG_20150901_112005.jpg

IMG_20150901_111954.jpgIMG_20150901_111954.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Leave it unplugged and start a game.

I have this game at home but honestly don't remember that. Typically it looks like this.

wl_544.jpgwl_544.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Game starts, but gets stuck in bonus loop with the plug not connected. Don't think thats the correct plug.

#10 8 years ago

I am going to check in the back box. Nothing like that under the playfield.

#11 8 years ago

I'll have to check when I get home. That's interesting that's the only Jones plug under the pf. Typically Gottlieb does that setting under the pf. Check the backbox and bottom of the cabinet for a 3-5 ball Jones plug.

#12 8 years ago

Found it in the backbox. Manual must have been wrong.

Thanks for the help!

#13 8 years ago

Nice! It's obvious I've never had mine on 3-ball.

#14 8 years ago

Did that big plug go to a ratchet relay? I have seen that before, not sure why it is plugged, but makes it easy to replace that relay.
they are buggers to service, and get workin right

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

Did that big plug go to a ratchet relay? I have seen that before, not sure why it is plugged, but makes it easy to replace that relay.
they are buggers to service, and get workin right

Yes it does go to that big relay. I just have a couple intermitant things left to go through. I think the bonus relay needs some adjusting, as it tends to miss some bonus counts every now and then. I thought I had the double bonus relay fixed, but needs a bit more fine tuning, as it just got stuck again. Fun figuring this stuff out though.

Thanks guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/royal-flush-3-or-5-ball-setting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.