Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Bay78
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have an Allied Leisure Roy Clark pinball. The only coils that seem to work are the flippers. The pop bumpers and kick outs do not work. All of the lights come on. The Scores, Credit, Tilt all light up. I have two different MPU boards and the machine does the same with both. What should I check? Thank you

#2 5 years ago

Did you check all the fuses at the bottom of the cabinet?

#3 5 years ago

The fuses checked good. Even switched with new. Still same issue.

1 week later
#4 5 years ago

Any other ideas???

#5 5 years ago

Make sure all the connectors are correctly placed. Are you sating that the TILT light is lit when you turn it on? If so, check the slam switches and the roll tilt are not stuck. The roll tilt is a ball in a guide lane on the right front side of the cabinet. There are a few slam tilt switches - look for any big (long) switches that have a counterweight at the end of the leaf switch and make sure none of those are making contact.

I assume you can start a game since you know the flippers work. Does it score points if you knock down the drop targets or engage any of the rollover switches?

I thought there was a solenoid fuse under the playfield, but I opened mine and don't see one. It's probably one of the fuses at the bottom that you checked.

4 months later
#6 5 years ago

I finally got back to this project today. I can put credits in. It will kick the ball to the shooting lane. The pop bumpers, kick out coils, and drop targets do not work. Some things score, some do not. Once the ball drains, it will not kick out again. All of the lights are on and the flippers work. I do not believe it is in tilt mode. What could the issue be?

4 months later
#7 4 years ago

I have Roy Clark Entertainer also but the flippers do not work, everything else works good. I changed a few fuses & that didn't work. I had a pretty knowledge
able guy look at it & he couldnt get it either.

#8 4 years ago

Can I get a a schematic anywhere? I checked a few sites & there wasn't anything.

1 week later
#9 4 years ago

Try Here: https://www.ipdb.org/files/785/Fascination_1977_Roy_Clark_The_Entertainer_Schematic_Diagram_paginated_document_maybe_incomplete.pdf
Is there a playfield fuse?

Allied Leisure ripped off customers by making vague promises to help find locations for pins for would be operators if they bought them. I used to take calls from cheated buyers with a garage full of pinball machines asking what they should do.
'Hit the bricks and find locations' was my advice along with, call your lawyer.

7 months later
#10 4 years ago

It's hard finding information on this and other Allied Leisure games. I picked up a Roy Clark recently. I have 0 experience with Allied games. Game seems to boot up and displays shows 0's (both of them). The 5V light does blink upon turn on and then turns off like it should from what I've read. I've re-seated all the connectors. The game over light flashes, when I try and credit up the machine the light goes solid for a second and then goes back to flashing. I think the game is just having an issue getting credits. I think it might start if I were able to get credits. Oh also the game does go into test mode and goes through the display check and can get to the switch test. But it won't go past the switch test. I did look to see if there are any stuck switches and couldn't seem to find any. Game is not tilted. Any suggestions on what I might be able to try?

#11 4 years ago

Fixed! Turned out to be someone soldered a wire to short out the slam switch like you’d do to a Gottlieb System 1. I cut that wire and the game coins up and plays no problem now. I had to make some switch adjustments and I had 9 switches not working. I found a broken ground wire and soldered it back on and viola game works 100%! Now just need to clean it up and change lights etc.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roy-clark-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.