7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pin-up
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 7 years ago

I've got a Rowe CD100 where disc 21 shows up as "not allowed" when you try to play it. I just installed the MP3 kit from CDADAPTER and ordered a hard drive from them as well. The HD is just fine. I've tried multiple delete and copies of different mp3s into the folder, renaming and creating a new folder, all with the same result. I've e-mailed them and A and B jukebox to see if they have any ideas as well and hope to have responses soon on that end.

Since I had the unit filled with cds before and they have gotten dusty over time and some may have had scratches and what not on them, I've done a ton of things in the service menu. I've cleared out all the errors, cleared out the disc conditions, checked the lockout to make sure nothing was listed in there, set the disc limits on disc 21 for the number of songs that it has (20), did a full initialization, did a single disc (21) initialization, and all of those multiple times with no change. Disc 21 is still "not allowed" when you try to play it.

The CCC board also has a coin type battery on it. I've had this jukebox for about 8 years now. I did pull the board out and check the battery for corrosion or leaking just in case, and it is in great shape with no issues there. I've never had an issue loosing settings, so the battery is still helping to retain all of that information as well.

If you've got any suggestions on something else I might have overlooked in the menus, or other ideas to try that would be great!

Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

My Jukebox was doing the same thing...it started with 1 CD nor being not allowed and then kept getting worse over time...We also did the initialize thing, (apparently this is BAD!! if you keep doing it, it will eventually lock up) Finally called Bruce at A&B Jukebox. He helped us get it back up and running. We ended up getting a new disc player, and the computer control unit. That did the trick. Have since had the AMP rebuilt, and a few other things and it runs like a champ now!! Bruce is super nice and knows his stuff!

Phoebe

#3 7 years ago

It was suggested to me by Ken Layton over on KLOV to load all the default settings back into the machine (via the service menu) and I gave that a try as well. No change.

It won't be the disc player since I've put an MP3 player kit in the machine. I was thinking I might try switching the EPROM on the CCC board out next as well. I'll update when I hear back from the folks at cdadapter.com and Bruce at A & B.

Good to hear you got your jukebox up and running though!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rowe-cd100-disc-not-allowed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.