(Topic ID: 107952)

Routing / Vending... Thoughts?

By robbiedoo

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I know, this has been covered before for pinball. But I'm curious about people's experiences with other vending... redemption games (like those stack games), soda pop or those quarter bulk candy machines.

I've been discussing the possibility of a side business with a friend, and we're not sure if its worth trying of not. I've looked around quite a bit to get info on others stories and experiences, and I get a mixed bag: "It's not worth it" vs. "it's a decent part time side business that can grow if you want it to".

Is anyone currently, or have recently, worked with vending? I would love to hear thoughts on the topic, as well as any considerations noobs might not think about, tips, warnings... anything.

We're very tempted to buy a machine or two, at least to get a feel for the process on a minute scale. Even if it's not super profitable from the start, it would be a great learning experience.

I would like to try and start looking at placement options, but feel walking in and saying "Well, if I DID have a machine, would you be interested?". I figure I should have a machine ready if I'm serious enough to start looking at placement options.

I figure the least I can do is ask others about their experience, you can never have too much information.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/routing-vending-thoughts?tu=robbiedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.