• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

219901-1.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball4life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 9 years ago

Well, I know what I'm doing and recently paid $1200 for one that needed new displays, and a couple boards replaced. The playfield is beyond shot! The parts alone are worth far more than what he is hoping to pay as is. There is always that one lucky guy that stole one from an operator who didn't realize its worth, but waiting around for that kind of miracle likely means he will never acquire one. I waited a while for a new playfield but those guys stopped even commenting on when it would be available so I gave up and after some aggressing searching, paid $1000 for a NOS clear coated one. If I ever get around to swapping the playfield, I can tell you it will sell for around $5K or I would not sell at all. The good news for the OP is that prices have been edging down lately, and supply has been going up for some reason. We have another one that is quite nice that just sold for $3600, but when I bought it I had planned on getting $4500. I still wouldn't hesitate to pay $1200 for a well worn model. You can get graphics and all the parts, but the playfield issue will be a bit of a gamble for now. If I were you, I would do what others have said...pay $2800 or so for a decent one...and that will be a challenge but very likely if you are patient. If you are good at restoring games, then get a beater for less and then be prepared to be in it the same or more, not counting your time.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

I wouldn't pay more than $1,000 for a Funhouse with a trashed playfield. I think Pinside pricing is becoming like eBay pricing. I've seen at least three decent Funhouse games go for under 2,000 in the last year, and that's in SoCal.

Pinside pricing, except for the usual suspects, are far lower over all than the real world. I check them daily, and very aware of retail pricing as well...it is my job. This is still the place to go if you are a collector and want a fair deal. It is pretty easy to flesh out the dealers that advertise here....I wouldn't use those numbers to justify your statement but if you didn't parcel who the prices were coming from, it would be easy to come to your conclusion. This is still an awesome place to buy from an amazing community.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball4life.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/routed-funhouse-fair-offer?tu=Pinball4life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.