• Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 107 votes
    52%

(206 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
wcop_16.jpg
#1 9 years ago

In honor of the world cup, the world cup of pinball continues with the round of 16! This is the elimination round. Enjoy and don't forget to vote for your favorite.

Round of 16 voting ends Tuesday, July 1 at 9pm pst.

Here is the link to the official thread on how the draw took place.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-official-thread#post-1705238

wcop_16.jpgwcop_16.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Close one here. Very hard to decide.

#3 9 years ago

Wow. I'm pretty surprised by the results so far on this one. SM is the better pin.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow. I'm pretty surprised by the results so far on this one. SM is the better pin.

By far...IJ is not in the same league.

#5 9 years ago

These results are a joke. Bally/Williams snobbery is so passé.

#6 9 years ago

Not a surprise to me. I own both and like IJ better, It's just a great pin! Like Spidey a lot too.

#7 9 years ago

Spidey!!!.....man, all my picks are losing.....

#8 9 years ago

IJ all the way

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

These results are a joke. Bally/Williams snobbery is so passé.

Not snobbery, opinion. As valid as yours.

IJ, IMO and how I voted, is a better pin for many reasons.

#10 9 years ago

I haven't even played IJ and I can tell you its better than SM

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Not snobbery, opinion. As valid as yours.
IJ, IMO and how I voted, is a better pin for many reasons.

You must like slow, plodding, floaty gameplay, lame video modes, waiting for an eternity for the ball when sent to the pops, and a meh mini playfield? Sound is awesome...I'll give you that, but c'mon, that's about it. What are your reasons for liking it better?

#13 9 years ago

W/B IJ?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You must like slow, plodding, floaty gameplay, lame video modes, waiting for an eternity for the ball when sent to the pops, and a meh mini playfield? Sound is awesome...I'll give you that, but c'mon, that's about it. What are your reasons for liking it better?

Lol... where do we start. Better art, soundtrack, voices, mode variety, jackpot/super jackpot call outs, innovation with mini pf, non virtual ball lock, innovation with ball locking mechanism, well captured theme unlike that waste of time IJ4. The fact that it wa created 15 years + and still has a better playfield. Lame video mode??? really???? Ones better than none.. and its an original video mode.

#15 9 years ago

SM has flow... IJ nearly all the rest (but still making it a close call in my opinion!)

#16 9 years ago

Agree except for when the back post comes up. ST is the best DMD flow game that Stern have made

#17 9 years ago

Spiderman is a amazingly over-rated, Indy is a masterpiece!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, I disagree that it is slow, plodding and floaty. Plenty of ramp and loop flow. Ramp flow leads to dogfight jackpot. SM does have great flow. Is flow all that matters?

Not a huge fan of video modes and not why I prefer IJ. As far as video modes go, two of the three are pretty fun.

I like SM. I've owned it and played it a lot. Great game. I like IJ better.

Theme is subjective but I think the overall integration of the movies into the game is better on IJ. Better art (probably goes for most older pins over modern Stern art). Better sound, better dots.

Modes are much more varied. SM modes are hitting the same shots in different order (except Bonesaw). Sure, IJ does that too but all pinball does when you have multiple modes. IJ uses all parts of the playfield and mechanicals in one or more modes. Lots of variety. Overall better dots and quotes related to modes.

Mini playfield is challenging, requires skill and has some good awards for execution. Several modes use the mini playfield.

Pops have much more use in IJ with the higher scoring achieved through pop hits. Get there and you can boost your score as log as you keep the ball alive. In addition, rollovers have much more use. Light friends to build to loop jackpot, multiplier that leads to extra ball opportunity.

Captive ball/target leading to multiball (timed to start) and used in modes.

Drop targets used in several ways related to multiball lock and in various modes. Cool ball lock. IJ is a marvel of pinball engineering (just like TZ).

Multiball is better. Need to make shots to light jackpot. Jackpots build to bigger jackpots. A generalization for sure, but I think many B/W multiballs are better because they have a sequence of certain shots to hit, not everything is lit for jackpot like many Sterns.

There's a few reasons. Need more?

My first post really was about the silly attitude that people who like B/W better than Stern are snobs. Pinball is subjective. If you like Sterns better, cool, but you're wrong.

#19 9 years ago

Slugfest tied!!

#20 9 years ago

Wow, surprised at how tight this one is.

#21 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Just doesn't sound right. Viva la Indy!

#22 9 years ago

Spidey has made a nice comeback to tie things up.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, surprised at how tight this one is.

not surprised here, I have owned both, own SM currently. Both are in my top10, almost hate to vote on this one. Both are excellent themes. I gave the tiny slight edge to SM, but just a coin flip difference to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
$ 25.95
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Wanted
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-of-16-poll-sm-v-ijtpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.