catfight-poster.jpg
1941874189a5808251337l.gif
IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_3770.JPG
FNXKIPKFD2IBRXG.LARGE.jpg
245793.jpg
image-113.jpg
wcop_16.jpg
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I love the bell. I think one of the most satisfying shots in pinball. When you really nail the bell it smacks the glass and that is a very satisfying shot IMO.

The bell, bashing Balrog, insanity falls shot & glass knock, NBA FB center shot for a hoop, hammering Red and Ted and the very long left ramp shot WPT, my favorites!

#52 9 years ago

Why are woz post so long ? If the game is so great it should speak for itself!

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah Rob, you got it, you let it drain every time, wtf ! You have to play it to get to the WW mode, it's FAR from a waste of space, and there are munchkin modes along with the tornado interaction with the Lcd which is very cool. Try actually playing it and learning the rules, like I did with Ac/dc, a good way to have an informed opinion. It might take you a hundred times or so to get it though, its deep and thought provoking!
And……its not 20% of the play field.
Contrary to hell, it has to be played ad nauseum every time, or use it as a beer break……
Couldn't agree with Mech more!
Btw, great f ing Toys!

You were the one that said to let it drain, you big boob!

#54 9 years ago

R u channeling Markmon right? Haha, jk

Sometimes I play the loops for the modes and sometimes I let it drain especially if I have ECMB ready and Rescue is one shot away and I'll bank 3rd flipper into winkie to get to castle to start Rescue first then EC and mix in a crystal ball.

Plus, you want to let it drain before munchkin mode starts, put up enough loops first so you can stack the living crap out of it! And just watch it go crazy!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

insanity falls shot & glass knock

This is another great shot. Still on my want to own list. A good friend has two and I'm supposed to get one of them at some point.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

This is another great shot. Still on my want to own list. A good friend has two and I'm supposed to get one of them at some point.

Don't hesitate you'll love it!

#57 9 years ago

I voted for ACDCOZLE!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Huh?
He said the bell on ACDC is better than any "toy" on WOZ. Why are you talking about two mini playfields and comparing them to the bell, which is a toy? Mini playfields aren't toys.

Yes they are. There is no pinball standard for what is officially considered a toy so we can have different opinions on what we consider toys. Some people call the LED lit asteroids and stationary Enterprise on ST premiums / LE's toys but they are not in my book as they don't interact with the ball at all or even move for that matter.

The Munckin playfield on WOZ has a spinning house with a cool drop door effect and of course the mini flipper to hit the loop shots. The castle mini playfield has several stand up targets, the door to bash, saucer, mini loop and the monkey toy. Those are better toys in my book than ACDC's bell. I do consider the mini playfield on ACDC to be a toy and find it much more interactive than the bell.

#59 9 years ago

Synonyms for toy
(noun: entertainment article)
doll plaything trinket bauble curio game knickknack novelty trifle

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes they are. There is no pinball standard for what is officially considered a toy so we can have different opinions on what we consider toys.

#61 9 years ago

The main problem with WOZ is the theme. AC-DC wins here. The Hobbit would have been a better match.

#62 9 years ago

#Unsubscribe

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I can help you out with this.

You seem to have stumbled into a Pinball Discussion Forum, a place where individuals discuss the subject of pinball. And when a game is particularly innovative and unique, it's been known to inspire more discussion, analysis and dialogue than your average title.

I'll capsule summarize it for you: WOZ is awesome.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Per this poll, ACDC is awesome-er

[as of posting, ACDC:198, WOZ:139]

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I can help you out with this.
You seem to have stumbled into a Pinball Discussion Forum, a place where individuals discuss the subject of pinball. And when a game is particularly innovative and unique, it's been known to inspire more discussion, analysis and dialogue than your average title.

BOOM!

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Per this poll, ACDC is awesome-er
[as of posting, ACDC:198, WOZ:139]

As with most polling data, its a flawed poll! Haha Thousands more Ac/dc's out there at this time.

Actually, on a pro rata basis, % wise WOZ wins!

198 votes/6000 pins = 3.3%

139 votes/1000 pins = 13.9%

Thus, Woz wins!!!!

I'll start a poll of IF you own both pins, which one is the winner…….

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As with most polling data, its a flawed poll! Haha Thousands more Ac/dc's out there at this time.
Actually, on a pro rata basis, % wise WOZ wins!
198 votes/6000 pins = 3.3%
139 votes/1000 pins = 13.9%
Thus, Woz wins!!!!
I'll start a poll of IF you own both pins, which one is the winner…….

So the game is what percentage of owners have voted? Thought it was "what pin is better". Sorry your game is losing but come on, it's not better than ACDC.

#68 9 years ago

Better yet…….

648 premium/Le's + 128 pros = 776 total Ac/dc pins owned by Pinsiders

421 Woz total pins owned by Pinsiders

139 / 421 = 33%

198 / 776 = 25.5%

Woz wins again and a much truer measure with an equal playing field! I demand a RULE CHANGE, this poll is BS!

Furthermore, Woz is clearly, as a % of Pinsiders owning it versus Pinsiders owning Ac/dc MUCH higher, not even close, thus more popular amongst Pinsiders as a whole.

Pinsiders own only about 12.9% of all Ac/dc's while with Woz its at least 25%.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

So the game is what percentage of owners have voted? Thought it was "what pin is better". Sorry your game is losing but come on, it's not better than ACDC.

The pool of available "voters" is almost half for Woz on Pinside if we are talking about people that actually own the pins and thus have a more "informed" opinion. Get your calculators out boys!

It's not better than Ac/dc in some ways, in others it is. They sit right next to each other in my game room and I haven't taken off the Ac/dc cover for 3 months, Woz by far #1 for me in current play, then SM and Wh20.

Oh yeah, I'm coming back to Ac/dc soon, I still love it!

There is no real WIN here one versus the other, only for those that own BOTH!

#70 9 years ago

245793.jpg245793.jpg

#71 9 years ago

There has to be more WoZ than AC/DC games out there. Don't forget the thousands of WoZ machines that JJP is selling direct to operators on some sort of participation/finance plan that was eluded to during the announcement phase of WoZ. I recall they were to be placed at $1.00/play.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

There has to be more WoZ than AC/DC games out there. Don't forget the thousands of WoZ machines that JJP is selling direct to operators on some sort of participation/finance plan that was eluded to during the announcement phase of WoZ. I recall they were to be placed at $1.00/play.

Haven't you heard, they are being made in a secret warehouse and getting ready to ship too

If I were in your shoes Pintucky, I'd say Ac/dc too..

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

245793.jpg 15 KB

Isn't that kid that found out his Stern LE didn't come with an LCD for $8k yet his friends WOZ does? lol

#75 9 years ago

That's one of the kids that got fired from Stern's quality control crew….hehe

FNXKIPKFD2IBRXG.LARGE.jpgFNXKIPKFD2IBRXG.LARGE.jpg

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FNXKIPKFD2IBRXG.LARGE.jpg 58 KB

No wonder my ACDC threw two light bulbs during my first couple of games, lol. To be fair it's been rock solid since. Awesome pin and not leaving my collection anytime soon.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Isn't that kid that found out his Stern LE didn't come with an LCD for $8k yet his friends WOZ does? lol

lol, I have give that one to you. So true.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

lol, I have give that one to you. So true.

Yeah, ACDC throws a few bulbs. -but what they give up in loose bulbs, they make up for in ramps.

As smooth as the ramp is in WOZ, I'm not sure I'll ever love a game with only 1 ramp.
Met and ACDC are two of my fav games. Tron, Xmen, WH2O, Theatre of Magic, MM, AFM... I like them all because they have great ramps and great flow.

Can't wait to see the Hobbit though. If it plays as smooth as WOZ but is faster paced, it could be awesome!

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FNXKIPKFD2IBRXG.LARGE.jpg 58 KB

JJP has many things that they can pound their chest about, but I don't think QC is one of those things!...... As I struggled to get all the metal shavings off my playfield from a pop bumper that didn't have clearance on my WOZ I thought ok well stuff happens, but then my buddy got his game months later and it was the same way I'm thinking WTF guys? you have a problem that would be easy to fix so... Fix it!
Stern is far from perfect BUT for the amount of games they crank out they do a pretty damn good job building them IMHO.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's not better than Ac/dc in some ways, in others it is. They sit right next to each other in my game room and I haven't taken off the Ac/dc cover for 3 months, Woz by far #1 for me in current play, then SM and Wh20.

LOL Ice. I have AC/DC and WOZ sitting right next to each other in the entryway. I voted for AC/DC but not by muchIMG_3770.JPGIMG_3770.JPG

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WoZ assembly line workers on break.

IMG_1147.JPGIMG_1147.JPG

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

JJP has many things that they can pound their chest about, but I don't think QC is one of those things!...... As I struggled to get all the metal shavings off my playfield from a pop bumper that didn't have clearance on my WOZ I thought ok well stuff happens, but then my buddy got his game months later and it was the same way I'm thinking WTF guys? you have a problem that would be easy to fix so... Fix it!
Stern is far from perfect BUT for the amount of games they crank out they do a pretty damn good job building them IMHO.

JJP has done a great job with the quality of their 1st game. Keith looks to have really done a nice job with the code. But wow what a crappy PF design. Talk about a clank fest game! Hopefully Hobbit turns out much better.

But compared to ACDC? Music is better on ACDC, flow is better on ACDC, adrenaline rush is WAY better on ACDC. WoZ has better build quality that's for sure but I don't play a machines cabinet.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

JJP has done a great job with the quality of their 1st game. Keith looks to have really done a nice job with the code. But wow what a crappy PF design. Talk about a clank fest game! Hopefully Hobbit turns out much better.
But compared to ACDC? Music is better on ACDC, flow is better on ACDC, adrenaline rush is WAY better on ACDC. WoZ has better build quality that's for sure but I don't play a machines cabinet.

WOZ's playfield design makes the game challenging and unique in my opinion. I own ACDC as well and while fun I want more than left ramp / right ramp games in my collections. There are enough games like that out there. One problem with flowly games is there's less to do simply because there needs to be less features on the playfield for the game to play that fast. WOZ has much more depth to it than ACDC due all of the games features having their own modes and then those leading to wizard modes. ACDC does have a great adrenaline rush but it doesn't give that feeling like I'm a quest like LOTR or WOZ does. Both games provide two different and fun experiences in my book.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

WoZ assembly line workers on break.

Going to have to disagree with that one , That generation was hard workers .They probably a bunch of kids playing on their smart phones and too busy checking their facebook status to get anything done .

#85 9 years ago

Trilogy is right, damn kids too busy typing on their smart phones. I'll take that crew any day Flanker!

It's a joke Concrete, for the first effort, I'd say pretty good for JJP, but for my Ac/dc, aside from the usual bulbs flying all over the play field, rock solid.

It's better to keep it light and funny, its just pinball after all….

Very nice Pappy, great spot for those two, I don't know if you have an upstairs game room like I do but those stairs don't look to friendly, like mine, and the reason I had to convert my garage!

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's just great. Let the ball drain from one of the mini playfields and don't play it, thereby losing 20% of the PF space in the process.

I have to agree with you. Normally I dislike mini Playfields, so WoZ is at an extreme disadvantage when it starts with 2 mini PF to contend with. People that claim that as a plus for the game, lets see maybe the next game will have 3 or 4 mini PF to make it even more cool?

However, you might think I would dislike the mini PF on AcDc premium, but I don't. First it plays more like a pinball table with shots and loops from both flippers, but also it's not taking up any real estate ZERO real estate from the real game. I have fun on AcDc 'hell playfield'.

But to each his own. IMO WoZ took a calculated risk it would turn off people who don't care for mini PF and doing 2 of them left less room from ramps from the main flippers which I think many people prefer multi ramps more than multi mini PFs.

#87 9 years ago

I'm sorry to break it to the iceman who says AcDc has more owners is the only reason why it wins this contest.

People can have played WoZ and not owned it. After all it's the most money making pin according to WoZ people.

Also in other polls TAF has a very slight lead over Met (but the pin TAF has 910 owners on Pinside).

Also MB is beating STTNG in spite of the fact that STTNG has a much greater ownership base.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

AC/DC is superior due to adrenaline pumping gameplay-nuff said.

1941874189a5808251337l.gif1941874189a5808251337l.gif

#89 9 years ago

Why does it matter who owns what pin. I have played both about 50 times. I'm sorry but who owns which doesn't matter.

So if more people register and own SF2 than MM, SF2 is the better machine? That is your guys logic.

ACDC is the best here, bring on next round. No need to wait till Tuesday.

#90 9 years ago

I am going to start a thread tomorrow on what is your favorite trim color, red or green. Then y'all can argue about that, too. Oh, the red WOZ buyers can argue with the green WOZ owners, also. This is going to be awesome!

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm sorry to break it to the iceman who says AcDc has more owners is the only reason why it wins this contest.

You get more time to learn a game when you own it. Which usually leads to more enjoyment and a greater appreciation for the game.

Quoted from rai:

People can have played WoZ and not owned it. After all it's the most money making pin according to WoZ people.

I would guess that most of the people playing WOZ on location don't own the game and are probably not on pinside to participate in this poll.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I would guess that most of the people playing WOZ on location don't own the game and are probably not on pinside to participate in this poll.

Ok are you saying only people who own both games deserve to vote?

#93 9 years ago

catfight-poster.jpgcatfight-poster.jpg

#94 9 years ago

Everyone needs to relax.

Ice's point was valid-ish, but that assumes only owners vote in the polls, which is obviously not the case.

Polls are just for fun, and a place to discuss the comparisons and merits of each machine.

The same argument could be made on most of these polls. I mean, look at MET hanging in there with TAF! Though it looks like a TAF win, to even be close is insane, considering the fan base numbers of TAF.

The point can always be made (as it has) that production numbers equate to popularity and success as well, though not always (cough...TZ), so if there're more machines in the field, more exposure, more fans, etc.. the more votes are well deserved.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hopefully the number of votes for WOZ makes some people realize just how popular the game is

This is important for resale !

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Better yet…….
648 premium/Le's + 128 pros = 776 total Ac/dc pins owned by Pinsiders
421 Woz total pins owned by Pinsiders
139 / 421 = 33%
198 / 776 = 25.5%
Woz wins again and a much truer measure with an equal playing field! I demand a RULE CHANGE, this poll is BS!
Furthermore, Woz is clearly, as a % of Pinsiders owning it versus Pinsiders owning Ac/dc MUCH higher, not even close, thus more popular amongst Pinsiders as a whole.
Pinsiders own only about 12.9% of all Ac/dc's while with Woz its at least 25%.

All the ACDC owners have their games, only half of the WOZ owners have theirs. Yet all have paid.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Going to have to disagree with that one , That generation was hard workers .They probably a bunch of kids playing on their smart phones and too busy checking their facebook status to get anything done .

Bally Rockwell & Fletcher wiring harness plant and Main (Belmont) assembly plant circa 1965. Mostly female employees on the assembly line. Male employees dominated the machine shop, slot assemmbly and all testing departments

I wonder if Bill O'Donnell would tell visitors that it took longer to build a Bally pin versus a Buick Invicta and that Bally em slots had about 1700' of wire?

IMAG4070.jpgIMAG4070.jpg IMAG4072.jpgIMAG4072.jpg
#98 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Bally Rockwell & Fletcher wiring harness plant and Main (Belmont) assembly plant circa 1965. Mostly female employees on the assembly line. Male employees dominated the machine shop, slot assemmbly and all testing departments
I wonder if Bill O'Donnell would tell visitors that it took longer to build a Bally pin versus a Buick Invicta and that Bally em slots had about 1700' of wire?

IMAG4070.jpg 192 KB

IMAG4072.jpg 257 KB

Wow, really cool.

#99 9 years ago

Ok, from another thread, if you don't agree with me, I'm gonna break into all of your houses and rub my nuts all over your lockdown bars!

#100 9 years ago

...again ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
16,500 (Firm)
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-of-16-poll-acdc-v-wozle/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.