Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Round 4 - Elite Eight Voting”

• (1) Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP) VS 204 votes
      11%
    • (8) Lord of the Rings 247 votes
      14%
    • (2) Medieval Madness VS 238 votes
      13%
    • (7) Twilight Zone 234 votes
      13%
    • (3) Attack From Mars VS 251 votes
      14%
    • (11) Indiana Jones (Williams) 202 votes
      11%
    • (4) Monster Bash VS 187 votes
      10%
    • (5) Jurassic Park (Stern) 259 votes
      14%

(Multiple choice - 1822 votes by 520 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Roy-Square-6 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-125018_Gmail (resized).jpg
    Record by Era (resized).JPG
    Record by Company (resized).JPG
    Round 3 Results (resized).JPG
    Round 4 Bracket Elite Eight (resized).JPG
    Round 4 Matchups (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

It looks like tp's Round 3 rant about Medieval Madness has gave Twilight Zone a super strong start.

Whoa!!! Just saw this...

Maybe people forget that TZ was #1 forever ( it seemed) on IPDB, without any remakes, different versions, etc.

Very strong game...other voting seems to be going as prior rounds...

#9 4 years ago

Others pulling away....what a battle between TZ and MM!!!! ...

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure if I love the voting or your stats analysis better. Thanks for doing this, great fun.

Can't understand the Record by Pinball Company " winning percentage".

Maybe it was explained earlier (?)

All pins could only have participated in 4 rounds....

Final 8 have never lost

1-JJP
    2-Stern
    1-Williams
    4- Bally

Is it going against their % if they "eat their own"?
    That's as close a guess that I've got.

Missing something here...

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Winning percentage is calculated by all matchups, not who is left. For example, JJP has had pins in 10 matchups. Their record for their 10 matchups is 6 wins, 4 losses. Winning percentage is calculated by wins/# of total matchups.
    Standings in most major sports use winning percentages to determine standings. We all know Stern would win if we just counted wins, but winning percentage evens the playing field a bit. It's not perfect - i.e. If The Big Lewbowski won its first two matchups, then lost, Dutch Pinball would have a .667 winning percentage and would be crowned the best manufacturer in the tournament. However, with one game and a little luck, the optics are obviously saying we need a bigger sample size. Same goes for Spooky. They had their two games lose right away. What if they won their first round matchups? They would have at minimum a .500 record.
    So again, not a perfect science, but it's a good way to measure Stern versus Williams, or Bally's versus JJP, etc. when opportunities aren't equal for all manufacturers.
    Sorry for the long explanation, but I hope that helps.

Helpful, but doesn't account for a " Bally eating a Bally, Stern eating Stern, etc."

Like NFC vs. AFC , East vs West, etc. in sports.
    When NFC beats NFC, it doesn't count in conference W/L.

I think if you looked at each manufacturer beating or losing to another, that would easily give an accurate view of which companies truly had the highest winning %.

No biggie, and just really appreciate you doing this...something fun

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Still early, but are we going to see these matchups in the final four?
    5 Jurassic Park vs 8 Lord of the Rings
    3 Attack from Mars vs 2 MM/TZ?
    Who would fair better against Attack from Mars out of the two?

I think you are right....and though I voted TZ ( as I like it personally better), I think MM will fair better against AFM.

Still believe the 2 most dominant games in this whole thing will end up fighting for the gold (gold?) JP vs MM (though TZ will not go down easily).

Brutal final on the horizon.....

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Conpletely understand your point. With four "main" manufacturers in the tournament, it's hard to avoid each other.
    You could always comb through the results and take cannibalism out of it.

Nah.....gives me a headache (correct but NFC vs NFC W/L has nothing to do w interconference W/L). keeping it fun, as the "big 3" have consistently performed, while JJP had all 5 of its games eligible to compete...also commendable.

Probably biggest shock for me in this whole thing is how WOZ didn't make it deeper in the brackets....

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

MM takes the lead over TZ. 115-114.

Long way to go on the only race left..

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

By far the best game on that list is POTC...it just hasn't been played by enough people....LOTR can't hold a candle to that game...I've only put a few games on JPLE and it was fun, but not in the same league ...

Point taken on your opinion..I leave it at that..

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

MM and AFM were highly regarded before there were remakes. I for one hope TZ knocks out MM.

With you 100%...don't know if it will, but definitely a game that deserves it...down to the wire for sure on this one...(my AFMr nervously awaits the outcome)

#50 4 years ago

Looks like MM is bringing fortitude to the castle....
    ( 2 days on this one)

#67 4 years ago

With the other 3 races pulling away, the biggest question - can TZ make up 13 votes in around 33.5 hours? Much closer than I would have thought.....

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

All my picks except MM lost....oh well it was fun while it lasted

End of the day, we're all playing the games we love...( most of them, anyway)

#78 4 years ago

Stern vs. Stern....Bally vs. Bally

Park vs. Kingdom

#81 4 years ago

And according to this week ...#1 and #2 are battling in the semi's...yet #5 probably wins....crazy Pinside!!

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

TZ is slowly closing the gap.

12 votes to gain in 15 hours....TZ is not going down without a fight!!

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

The greatest pinball ever created is POTC and deep down everyone knows it... some people can't just let go of the past. When you start adding them up side by side, point by point, nothing compares 2 U. LOL
    POTC gains #1 status in pinside top 100, quickly the old guard takes it down. The truth is I doubt we'll EVER see another game like POTC, because no one would be crazy enough to ever put that much effort into one game. That game needs to be re-titled to Everything Including the Kitchen Sink. What is that game missing. Pirates has everything any pinball fan could ever want and still some people can't bring themselves to let it soar! Why? Because you don't own one? Because people jacked up the price to 12 to 20k? Because you just don't like JJP? I mean what gives? Oh well!

Foolish statement, and thanks for attempting to derail a positive, fun thread by belittling everyone who doesn't share your opinion. Will not engage beyond that...plenty of other threads for that stuff.......

#89 4 years ago

TZ within 8 votes!!!!

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hands down. TZ is best coded game from the 90’s, primarily due to all the things that have to interact with the ball (there was an overwhelming amount of toys that needed code). People talk about how WOZ approaches TZ from a toy perspective, but it really doesn’t. TZ is still more loaded than WOZ.

I played mine ALOT last night...reminded me how amazing that game really is...

Aware it's not for everyone, and nothing wrong w that.

TZ and TAF were the only HEP worthy games in my lineup ( for me), and they never disappoint.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Yea I am kind of sick of all the hyperbole behind the complexity of playing POTC. If you know general pinball terms (which I imagine most people here know considering it is a pinball forum), I can teach you the majority of the rules in 5 minutes.

I'm just sick of all the talk about POTC in this poll period. Notice LOTR still kicking it's ass, w almost no chatter. There are other games in this bracket, believe it or not.

Back to TZ, nearing the 2/3 mile mark...is there any gas left ( said with humor as I love both of these games dearly)?

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Post a video....I'd love to hear an explanation that my 10 year olds are willing to comprehend On the other hand MM and AFM are very easy to explain....POTC, WOZ not so much....maybe u just have a much higher IQ than we do

Love my WOZ, but can't get any non pinheads to play it w me....

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

TZ is a mere 13 votes behind...as voting is coming in an end.

Got as close as 5, now slipping a bit...think she jumped out of the gate too strong...

I will play it exclusively tonight, celebrating the best fight yet for the King, lol...

My quest is always LITZ...nothing worse than draining w one panel left and scoop lit..

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

MM hanging on with 90 minutes to go.

EPIC!!!!

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

MM hanging on with 90 minutes to go.

I guess the question will be:

Did this take too much out of MM to defeat a rested AFM?...

Both LOTR and JP had solid, wire to wire wins...so well rested...

#155 4 years ago

7 votes...9 minutes.. my heart!!!

#157 4 years ago

4 votes....wow, just wow...thanks Op...think you'll have a hard time topping that one!!!

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

With under a minute left, it appears TZ is lining up for an onside kick.

Is there stoppage time?

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:You guys crack me up. I closed the poll at 10pm EST on the nose.
    I like the idea of "stoppage time," but wouldn't be fair. I suppose it would have only took a few people to change their vote from MM to TZ to make the upset happen. Unfortunately, it looks like TZ fell short and MM is playing on a short week according to mk6pin

Hopefully, the final 4 starts tomorrow....recovery time, recovery time!!!!

(seriously...major fun and 2 of the greatest pins ever, period....no loser in this one)...THANKS OP!!!

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Although I had a long day - I'll get the voting for the Final Four up tonight. I'll catch you guys in just a bit.

Wait, what!!!!

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Twilight Zone vs. Medieval Madness. It's like watching an early match up in the NFL playoffs that matched up the 2 best teams. Everyone knew this was the game to watch. This was the real Super Bowl. I wouldn't have called TZ over MM an upset.

Completely agree!!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.