Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 179 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Round 4 - Elite Eight Voting”

• (1) Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP) VS 204 votes
      11%
    • (8) Lord of the Rings 247 votes
      14%
    • (2) Medieval Madness VS 238 votes
      13%
    • (7) Twilight Zone 234 votes
      13%
    • (3) Attack From Mars VS 251 votes
      14%
    • (11) Indiana Jones (Williams) 202 votes
      11%
    • (4) Monster Bash VS 187 votes
      10%
    • (5) Jurassic Park (Stern) 259 votes
      14%

(Multiple choice - 1822 votes by 520 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Roy-Square-6 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-125018_Gmail (resized).jpg
    Record by Era (resized).JPG
    Record by Company (resized).JPG
    Round 3 Results (resized).JPG
    Round 4 Bracket Elite Eight (resized).JPG
    Round 4 Matchups (resized).JPG
    There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The red arrows? What does that mean?

It means that when you hit sparky snake or drop targets, whichever shot has the red arrow will light on the shot with the red arrow. The red arrow is on the shot you made last.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

MM hanging on with 90 minutes to go.

I guess the question will be:

Did this take too much out of MM to defeat a rested AFM?...

Both LOTR and JP had solid, wire to wire wins...so well rested...

#153 4 years ago

The red arrows? What does that mean?

All of the modes in LOTR involve hitting the shots lit by the red arrows. I don't think that's a bad thing, I was more tossing a few examples from other games. Every game repeats shots, but at least to me it doesn't feel like "chopping wood" unless you're forced to shoot the same shot over, and over, and over.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I guess the question will be:
    Did this take too much out of MM to defeat a rested AFM?...

LMAO!

#155 4 years ago

7 votes...9 minutes.. my heart!!!

#156 4 years ago

Really surprised LOTR talked down POTC.

#157 4 years ago

4 votes....wow, just wow...thanks Op...think you'll have a hard time topping that one!!!

#158 4 years ago

With under a minute left, it appears TZ is lining up for an onside kick...

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

With under a minute left, it appears TZ is lining up for an onside kick.

Is there stoppage time?

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is there stoppage time?

lets confirm with OP..
    OP - what time do we have on the game clock?

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from MarZ_78:

Really surprised LOTR talked down POTC.

POTC was missing two key players for this matchup, their small forward #2 spinning disk and their announcer/music guy. Strong on the boards, but still shorthanded. LotR is just such a complete, well-balanced team.

#162 4 years ago

Holy damn, PotC and MB got WRECKED, son...

Roy-Square-6 (resized).jpgRoy-Square-6 (resized).jpg
    #163 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

With under a minute left, it appears TZ is lining up for an onside kick...

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is there stoppage time?

Quoted from Vino:

Let’s confirm with OP..
    OP - what time do we have on the game clock?

You guys crack me up. I closed the poll at 10pm EST on the nose.

I like the idea of "stoppage time," but wouldn't be fair. I suppose it would have only took a few people to change their vote from MM to TZ to make the upset happen. Unfortunately, it looks like TZ fell short and MM is playing on a short week according to MK6PIN

#164 4 years ago

Although I had a long day - I'll get the voting for the Final Four up tonight. I'll catch you guys in just a bit.

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:You guys crack me up. I closed the poll at 10pm EST on the nose.
    I like the idea of "stoppage time," but wouldn't be fair. I suppose it would have only took a few people to change their vote from MM to TZ to make the upset happen. Unfortunately, it looks like TZ fell short and MM is playing on a short week according to mk6pin

Hopefully, the final 4 starts tomorrow....recovery time, recovery time!!!!

(seriously...major fun and 2 of the greatest pins ever, period....no loser in this one)...THANKS OP!!!

#166 4 years ago

Twilight Zone vs. Medieval Madness. It's like watching an early match up in the NFL playoffs that matched up the 2 best teams. Everyone knew this was the game to watch. This was the real Super Bowl. I wouldn't have called TZ over MM an upset.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Although I had a long day - I'll get the voting for the Final Four up tonight. I'll catch you guys in just a bit.

Wait, what!!!!

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Twilight Zone vs. Medieval Madness. It's like watching an early match up in the NFL playoffs that matched up the 2 best teams. Everyone knew this was the game to watch. This was the real Super Bowl. I wouldn't have called TZ over MM an upset.

Completely agree!!!!

#169 4 years ago

Next pandemic can we do the best of the bottom 64 pins?

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

Next pandemic can we do the best of the bottom 64 pins?

I know you were being humorous, but that isn't an awful idea. However, we know who the number one seed would be. LOL

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I know you were being humorous, but that isn't an awful idea. However, we know who the number one seed would be. LOL

Careful, you might set off a 6 page debate on the worst game made.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I was only half joking. Who doesn't want to see the division 3 teams go at it. Imagine trying to pick which was better Mario Andretti or Spy hunter?

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

I was only half joking. Who doesn't want to see the division 3 teams go at it. Imagine trying to pick which was better Mario Andretti or Spy hunter?

And so it begins.....

#176 4 years ago

Final vote counts for this round:

/singing - One of these things is not like the others, one of these things dose not belong...

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It means that when you hit sparky snake or drop targets, whichever shot has the red arrow will light on the shot with the red arrow. The red arrow is on the shot you made last.

No, you misunderstand me. The person I quoted said that LoTR just boiled down to “hitting the red arrows”. Which of course most machines do. Yet I can’t think of a machine that makes me feel less like that than LOTR. On LOTR I’m experiencing the quest, with each shot, not just looking for the arrow.

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reaper802:

Final vote counts for this round:
    /singing - One of these things is not like the others, one of these things dose not belong...

Singing “Que Sera Sera“.

#179 4 years ago

No, you misunderstand me. The person I quoted said that LoTR just boiled down to “hitting the red arrows”. Which of course most machines do. Yet I can’t think of a machine that makes me feel less like that than LOTR. On LOTR I’m experiencing the quest, with each shot, not just looking for the arrow.

Sorry about that. Yeah lots of games with modes are going to be simply shoot the lit shots, but once you learn the rules more, most games are not like that. If you want to score big you’ll need to play the modes a specific way.

There are 179 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.