• (5) Attack From Mars VS 185 votes
    16%
  • (13) Metallica 100 votes
    9%
  • (6) Elvira's House of Horrors VS 130 votes
    12%
  • (14) Indiana Jones (Williams) 157 votes
    14%

(Multiple choice - 1130 votes by 330 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3F18A70F-BFA7-4BB2-B3B6-EE66C0CD8E8A.gif
34D68A87-266F-458C-9F33-CE7F2F511D9A (resized).jpeg
C5FA023F-6E29-4116-9D5C-E01A87C3F18E.gif
Bottom Bracket.PNG
Top Bracket.PNG
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Might be fun to do one of these without any of the Bally/Williams era or older. Maybe this has already been done or suggested, I haven't been following any of this until recently.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

TZ vs AFM and MM vs IJ next it seems.

Common thread. Brian Eddy. Coded IJ. Designed AFM, then improved on it with MM.

If you haven’t played a dialed in Stranger Things Premium/LE with the latest code, do yourself a favor and find one and play the hell out of it. It’s the best thing Eddy has ever done. And he’s the GOAT (see above)

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Common thread. Brian Eddy. Coded IJ. Designed AFM, then improved on it with MM.
If you haven’t played a dialed in Stranger Things Premium/LE with the latest code, do yourself a favor and find one and play the hell out of it. It’s the best thing Eddy has ever done. And he’s the GOAT (see above)

You think its better then MMr you have? Damn i got to play a Stranger things because MMr is my favorite pin ever, id trade any of my pins for another one! Shit id trade any of my pins for a Stranger Things premium to but if it sucks im blaming you! Lol!

#54 3 years ago

Looks like Williams/bally is still king of pinball, and Brian eddy might be the goat of pinball designers. Don't forgot how good Shadow is.

#55 3 years ago

Hey, IJ beating out MB just means people like Harrison Ford as Indy more than they like Universal Monsters. But lets face it, IJ is a nightmare to keep working 100% compared to keeping a MB running. POA was almost universally broken back in the day. Now that they are all collectors pieces, owners go to great lengths to keep it working and so most owners will tell you, the physical ball lock, the movable player controlled mini playfield, the theme, the callouts... blah blah yada yada are way better than yada yada and only a fool would vote for MB, the callouts are corny, its just AFM without a saucer. Yet CGC sold a whole bunch of the remakes, and nobody is remaking IJ any time soon. Just saying...

#56 3 years ago

If CGC remakes IJ, I'm selling a kidney.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Hey, IJ beating out MB just means people like Harrison Ford as Indy more than they like Universal Monsters. But lets face it, IJ is a nightmare to keep working 100% compared to keeping a MB running. POA was almost universally broken back in the day. Now that they are all collectors pieces, owners go to great lengths to keep it working and so most owners will tell you, the physical ball lock, the movable player controlled mini playfield, the theme, the callouts... blah blah yada yada are way better than yada yada and only a fool would vote for MB, the callouts are corny, its just AFM without a saucer. Yet CGC sold a whole bunch of the remakes, and nobody is remaking IJ any time soon. Just saying...

I have no idea WHAT you're saying...

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Hey, IJ beating out MB just means people like Harrison Ford as Indy more than they like Universal Monsters.

I find the replay-ability of IJ is higher than MB. That was why I voted for it. It wasn't because I like Harrison Ford, and Universal Monsters are awesome. But there is something about MB that when I play it, I'm done with it. I don't have the desire to play it again tomorrow. Whereas you toss my in front of an AFM, and I want to kick some Martian butt! I already know every word the game is capable of saying to me... and yet I still find them funny.

"Germany will kick your Martian butt to the moon!"

I still chuckle when I hear that. Classic line. So when I'm voting for the greatest game of all time, wanting to play it again is something I weigh.

And that is NOTHING against MB. I recognize it is a good game, beautiful, and decent rules. It doesn't do it for me, but I understand why it works for other people.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have no idea WHAT you're saying...

With less doublespeak, all I am saying is IJ is only a favorite of those who have not tried to keep one working to make money with on site.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

You think its better then MMr you have? Damn i got to play a Stranger things because MMr is my favorite pin ever, id trade any of my pins for another one! Shit id trade any of my pins for a Stranger Things premium to but if it sucks im blaming you! Lol!

If my wife (God forbid) ever decides to divorce me, I’m giving her the MMR and I’m keeping the STh. MMR is worth more $, but STh is the best pin I’ve ever played.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

"Germany will kick your Martian butt to the moon!"

Besides the bride callout about monsterous organ, my favorite line from MB is actually not that risqué unless you are a tab demented and believe Franks monster swings both ways:

"He will be the greatest organ player ever!!!" Or he might just be the best skin flute or "dickalo" player ever, who knows?

And then there is the bride callout about the mouthwash, "ugg, Nasty stuff" which I think is actually a reaction to a certain oral procedure, not the mouthwash...

But I am a weird and twisted old motherf**ker.

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

With less doublespeak, all I am saying is IJ is only a favorite of those who have not tried to keep one working to make money with on site.

Gotcha. But this isn't a poll about what games are easiest to maintain. Unfortunately, many of the best games are also a pain in the ass to maintain. There are some amazing recent games that are tough to even set up right out of the box these days (I'm looking at YOU, Stern!). That doesn't diminish how great the game is.

I fell in love with MB at TPF a few years ago and bought the refake. I finished the game in three months, sold it, and lost about 2k in the process. I had no idea how easy that game was (but a hell of a lot of fun).

I'll be lucky to ever complete 10 or 11 modes on Indy, much less all 12 and the wizard mode. I'll probably be buried in mine.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

easiest to maintain

Sorry for muddying up the water with that observation... I rate a machine on ease of maintenance when considering adding it to the collection, and POA was a deal breaker on IJ for me. And maybe owning one might have changed my mind, however at this late juncture, I am not that interested in having a deeper ruleset as I am in just having and keeping a pin that just works.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Sorry for muddying up the water with that observation... I rate a machine on ease of maintenance when considering adding it to the collection

If you want to rate games by ease of maintenance, that's completely your choice. No right or wrong answer here.

I will say that I wouldn't doubt a frustrating game to maintain could lower overall scores because owners potentially would have a more negative experience.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

ST was beating out GnR until the last few hours. Nothing fishy there...

Star trek is under rated. The code is amazing and the shots are smooth as hell.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

If my wife (God forbid) ever decides to divorce me, I’m giving her the MMR and I’m keeping the STh. MMR is worth more $, but STh is the best pin I’ve ever played.

Well, I mean you're new to the hobby

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Well, I mean you're new to the hobby

Nah...he's got a point. It's amazing.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nah...he's got a point. It's amazing.

B... best game ever?

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

B... best game ever?

The best he’s ever played, he never said ever.

#70 3 years ago

I’m sorry, I’m really not that “GNR is the greatest pin of all time!” guy. What I meant to say was that Stranger Things has taken over Medieval Madness’s #1 spot in my Top 10 Favorite list. Great theme (for me), great layout, great code, great theme integration.

My favorite pin to play. That’s all I meant. I’ll own it till the day I die (unless my wife gets a really good lawyer).

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Star trek is under rated. The code is amazing and the shots are smooth as hell.

It is, and I can’t wait to get yours

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Sorry for muddying up the water with that observation... I rate a machine on ease of maintenance when considering adding it to the collection, and POA was a deal breaker on IJ for me. And maybe owning one might have changed my mind, however at this late juncture, I am not that interested in having a deeper ruleset as I am in just having and keeping a pin that just works.

Wait for the IJ IPA remake, if it ever happens. I am sure CGC would install a higher torque motor in the POA servo and make the machine more reliable in other ways as well.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Wait for the IJ IPA remake, if it ever happens. I am sure CGC would install a higher torque motor in the POA servo and make the machine more reliable in other ways as well.

It will never be remade IMO.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Have my IJ now over 5 years never had an issue! PLaying it a lot, The machine is just plain fun. I played monster Bash a lot, got bored. Sorry. Also Art on IJ is way better. So we do agree to disagree here. IJ for the win

#75 3 years ago

GNR is to recent for this list. It is a great machine, needs more plays by all of us. That why it is loosing so bad from TZ. TZ is a solid machine, great theme and rules, but I think nowhere near JJP GNR. That is just such a rush. But then again you all need to play that title.

MM winning over JP I can understand. MM is better to shoot, JP is a difficult machines. Lots of rules. MM has great call outs, theme, toys.

AFM over MET. I can understand that if you like the metalica music you do not agree with this one.

IJ over EHOH - I said that before, kill my darlings. Both great machines. Elvira the better playing machine. I think also for this one is that EHOH is to recent with final code getting better and better. IJ is just out there so much longer.

I think it would be better next time to put machines from an era against their own era. Not mixing all in one bag. Modern machines and recent machines need time to grow and be played before we can evalute it correct.

#76 3 years ago

I enjoy this lighthearted comparison thread compared to the typical "A" vs "B" title which always turns ugly. Designed to emulate the NCAA Bracket stuff. Very minimal JJP/Stern/ whatever bashing, and just fun to participate in.

It's based on the Pinside top 100, so all the games are relevant to that. I would state that some nights, my TZ is more fun to play then POTC, ALIEN, or AIQLE. Easily a favorable matchup to any machine listed. Put in @compy's backboard mod, and I dare say the technology takes it to an even higher level.

Not big on Band Themed pins, so GnR may never stick with me....wasn't that long ago that AC/DC ruled the universe..until it was compared to some of these classics.

Grateful to be alive and an enthusiast w so many amazing machines to play...that's it. If you can't honestly acknowledge how timeless these games really are...well..I don't have an answer for you.....

#77 3 years ago

A little over 24 hours until voting ends.

#78 3 years ago

A quick bump to get your final votes in. 3+ hours to go.

#79 3 years ago

DAMN! Sophie had it easy

#80 3 years ago

Betrayal is almost upon me....

#81 3 years ago

90s for the win this time

TZ
MM
AFM
IJ

#82 3 years ago

Poll closed. Final Four will start before 12pm EST/9am PST tomorrow.

#84 3 years ago

No surprises here... but I thought Elvira made a good showing. Any wonder if TZ doesn't take the whole thing?

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No surprises here... but I thought Elvira made a good showing. Any wonder if TZ doesn't take the whole thing?

I think it will be AFM vs MM... again.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think it will be AFM vs MM... again.

Should be MM vs TZ imo.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Should be MM vs TZ imo.

IJ vs MM.... although even though it is a new game, I think Jurassic Park should beat MM. I have both and JP just has more going on and lastability. Let's just say MMr would leave before JP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2021/page/2?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.