• (5) Attack From Mars VS 185 votes
    16%
  • (13) Metallica 100 votes
    9%
  • (6) Elvira's House of Horrors VS 130 votes
    12%
  • (14) Indiana Jones (Williams) 157 votes
    14%

(Multiple choice - 1130 votes by 330 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3F18A70F-BFA7-4BB2-B3B6-EE66C0CD8E8A.gif
34D68A87-266F-458C-9F33-CE7F2F511D9A (resized).jpeg
C5FA023F-6E29-4116-9D5C-E01A87C3F18E.gif
Bottom Bracket.PNG
Top Bracket.PNG
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Voting is closed. You can now vote for the Final Four here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-four-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-2021

Top Bracket.PNGTop Bracket.PNGBottom Bracket.PNGBottom Bracket.PNG

#2 3 years ago

....and this is where it gets incredibly difficult.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

....and this is where it gets incredibly difficult.

A lot of old school versus new school.

#4 3 years ago

Only issue is gnr is new release, might be a great game, not saying it isn't. But too early in its life to know

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

A lot of old school versus new school.

Let's cut to the thick:

GNR-latest game out, fantastic light show, all new bells and whistles. Needs code and some complain about too many multiballs

TZ-awesome game by a great designer. Lots of bells and whistles too...but it has aged and it's not as "shiny" as GNR. Will nostalgia win over?

---------

JP-a real players game. Very deep. A theme that resonates nostalgia and appeals to just about everyone. It doesn't have all the assets people would like and it is too difficult for most players to realistically see it all.

MM- one of the most flawless games ever made; theme, callouts, art, toys, etc. It can be repetitive and it certainly doesn't have the depth of modern games.

---------

AFM-nice game with lots of nostalgia. Good theme and fun callouts. Very good light show, and it rakes on route. Repetitive gameplay...once again..with rules that don't equal newer games.

Metallica-arguably the best rock pin ever. The music is great, the toys and lights how are incredible. Flow is amazing and it has that one more game appeal. There are a lot of rock pins, so it can get muddled in them. The art is not for some. Not really kid friendly.

--------

EHOH-great theme that has lots of followers. It is interesting, because it appeals to so many on many levels (Horror, sexuality, nostalgia, movies, etc). It has great flow, but also enjoyable shots. Some people, however, don't even know who she is or the history. It has been panned for lack of toys/bare playfield.

IJ-fantastic theme and music. Great theme integration and artwork. It just doesn't have the panache and depth of newer games.

-------------------------------

Let's not mince words: these are ALL great games.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Let's cut to the thick:
GNR-latest game out, fantastic light show, all new bells and whistles. Needs code and some complain about too many multiballs
TZ-awesome game by a great designer. Lots of bells and whistles too...but it has aged and it's not as "shiny" as GNR. Will nostalgia win over?
---------
JP-a real players game. Very deep. A theme that resonates nostalgia and appeals to just about everyone. It doesn't have all the assets people would like and it is too difficult for most players to realistically see it all.
MM- one of the most flawless games ever made; theme, callouts, art, toys, etc. It can be repetitive and it certainly doesn't have the depth of modern games.
---------
AFM-nice game with lots of nostalgia. Good theme and fun callouts. Very good light show, and it rakes on route. Repetitive gameplay...once again..with rules that don't equal newer games.
Metallica-arguably the best rock pin ever. The music is great, the toys and lights how are incredible. Flow is amazing and it has that one more game appeal. There are a lot of rock pins, so it can get muddled in them. The art is not for some. Not really kid friendly.
--------
EHOH-great theme that has lots of followers. It is interesting, because it appeals to so many on many levels (Horror, sexuality, nostalgia, movies, etc). It has great flow, but also enjoyable shots. Some people, however, don't even know who she is or the history. It has been panned for lack of toys/bare playfield.
IJ-fantastic theme and music. Great theme integration and artwork. It just doesn't have the panache and depth of newer games.

Great points. My opinion is ehoh hits all the buttons, theme, callouts, code, depth, designer, trilogy, great final 8!!

#7 3 years ago

Elvira vs IJ. Talking about kill my darlings.....I am still in the race with 4 machines of my collection

#8 3 years ago

ST was beating out GnR until the last few hours. Nothing fishy there...

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did GNR steal that one?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Was kinda thinking the same thing.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only issue is gnr is new release, might be a great game, not saying it isn't. But too early in its life to know

many of the guys who said it was the greatest game ever made have already sold theirs.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

many of the guys who said it was the greatest game ever made have already sold theirs.

#13 3 years ago

JP2 over LOTR ??? Blasphemy

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Let's cut to the thick:
---------
---------
--------

Agree on all points. My easiest round to vote however.....

#15 3 years ago

we're never escaping the 90s

#16 3 years ago

Nostalgia for the classics is rising again!!

C5FA023F-6E29-4116-9D5C-E01A87C3F18E.gifC5FA023F-6E29-4116-9D5C-E01A87C3F18E.gif

#17 3 years ago

MM vs JP2 is a tough one for me. IMO it is the best B/W 90's pin vs the best of the modern Sterns.

It also highlights the differences between the two eras. Everyone can walk up to MM and instantly understand it. It has legendary callouts. I don't consider the art legendary, but it certainly fits perfectly with the theme. It lacks depth and variety, but at the same time even non-players love the game.

JP2 has incredible depth, a wide variety of unique shots - but honestly most of the call-outs suck (and I don't even care that it doesn't have movie assets). The art on all of the JP2 models is very-ordinary (and IMO below average)... it is too busy, and some of the perspectives seem to be slightly off.

#18 3 years ago

I think just chalking it up to nostalgia kinda misses the point. There are some things that the 90's B/W games just did better... callouts, music (not counting pins for bands), theme integration and until recently ... art.

The Sterns are better if you are going to play >1000 games on a machine, but many of the B/Ws are better if you are playing less than 500.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

For me, this is the matchup. AFM and MET are two of my favorite games, both fantastic in their own right.

#20 3 years ago

90's classics about to run away with this thing. Not sure how I feel because I like all those games. JP and MET are my 2 favorite Sterns.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

we're never escaping the 90s

As it should. The 90s pins are still the best when talking about pure fun, beating evey pin up to today imo.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Trying to tell me a game that has been out less than a year has a chance to be the "greatest pinball ever" seems like such a slap in the face to some of these good school games.

Protect that investment!!!!

#23 3 years ago

Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. These particular 90's games do more than just hold their weight in playability, fun factor, toys, build, on and on.....

They are simply great pins to play..period. I love new shineys, but this round of B/W's takes a back seat to none of them for a total pinball experience imho.....

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My easiest round to vote however.....

Yup

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. These particular 90's games do more than just hold their weight in playability, fun factor, toys, build, on and on

I would also say they also have simplicity, especially MM and AFM. Anyone can walk up and enjoy them.

When I had WOZ, most family members passed playing it as they didn't know what to do.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Curious who these people are and if they truly exist. On the flip side, I think Stern Star Wars is one of sterns best pins ever but don’t own it. So am I not allowed to say it’s one of sterns best ever?

#27 3 years ago

Call it what you want but clocks winding down, AFM looking impressive again!

34D68A87-266F-458C-9F33-CE7F2F511D9A (resized).jpeg34D68A87-266F-458C-9F33-CE7F2F511D9A (resized).jpeg

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Its pretty, and has some neat features but I would describe shooting it as "unsatisfying".
It definitely a cool game, just not in the conversation of best game ever for me.
I guess to each their own.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Call it what you want but clocks winding down, AFM looking impressive again!
[quoted image]

I NEED that clock!!!!! link please.....

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Curious who these people are and if they truly exist. On the flip side, I think Stern Star Wars is one of sterns best pins ever but don’t own it. So am I not allowed to say it’s one of sterns best ever?

I've owned a SW Prem and while the theme/music is great, the game is not in the top 10.

As for GnR, you can just look at the number of them sold after unboxed. Regardless of resale, you wouldn't sell an all time favorite after 50-100 plays. Just my .02

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:Curious who these people are and if they truly exist. On the flip side, I think Stern Star Wars is one of sterns best pins ever but don’t own it. So am I not allowed to say it’s one of sterns best ever?

here is one example: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jack-guns-n-roses-is-the-greatest-pinball-ive-ever-played-/page/2#post-6192207

and then just look in the history for others

#32 3 years ago

TZ vs AFM and MM vs IJ next it seems. Then AFM vs MM for the final. And MM will win of course. Predictable from the start really. A good effort by the young 'uns though.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

TZ vs AFM and MM vs IJ next it seems. Then AFM vs MM for the final. And MM will win of course. Predictable from the start really. A good effort by the young 'uns though.

Yea, this round is already over....as it should be. My heartbreak comes next round as I really enjoy TZ more than AFM, however, strong chance it falls.

Maybe Op can jump in, but I think AFM won last year w some weirdness in one of the final 4 battles that MM was in.

This year, w the limited release of the Royal, it's the (safe) sword I lay on. Really think it is still deserving, and to offer it w great enhancements is just...well..."game over man" (homage to my early fallen Alien)..

#34 3 years ago

I'll be a happy camper if IJ winds up in the top four. I think that's the first time that's happened...and the first time it was ever considered better than MB.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and the first time it was ever considered better than MB.

Yeah i was surprised by that as well. Perhaps the refakes worked the opposite way this time, where more people bought/played it and didn't love it?

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I really enjoy TZ more than AFM, however, strong chance it falls.

The funny part for me is that they’ve both been out for decades, they are right next to each other in my game room, and I can’t fully answer it. I do still give the edge to AFM, but I’ve been playing TZ more. I figure I’ll be able to answer it in about 5 more years.

#37 3 years ago

If I didn’t have a few buds with TZ it would be next to my AFM too. Next round is tough.

#38 3 years ago

My bad, didn’t know all those people selling considered it the greatest game ever. I just thought they were cash grabs.

A lot of people on this site consider Jurassic Park the GOAT. I got both roughly around the same time and GNR smokes it. But that’s pinball, different strokes. If there was truly one greatest pinball ever made, wouldn’t we all own it?

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My bad, didn’t know all those people selling considered it the greatest game ever. I just thought they were cash grabs.
A lot of people on this site consider Jurassic Park the GOAT. I got both roughly around the same time and GNR smokes it. But that’s pinball, different strokes. If there was truly one greatest pinball ever made, wouldn’t we all own it?

What???

#40 3 years ago

I don’t know...

3F18A70F-BFA7-4BB2-B3B6-EE66C0CD8E8A.gif3F18A70F-BFA7-4BB2-B3B6-EE66C0CD8E8A.gif
#41 3 years ago

I don’t know if this kind of competition makes sense.
All wpc 95 games seem to ridicule last games while their gameplay/ruleset are way better and deeper.
I really love my MM but i must admit JP is better game in general. In fact i can’t compare them.
It seems to me more revelant a competition per generation, EM, SS, wpc/95, ...

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll be a happy camper if IJ winds up in the top four. I think that's the first time that's happened...and the first time it was ever considered better than MB.

It is and always has been a better pin than MB IMO.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It is and always has been a better pin than MB IMO.

I have to agree and I really like MB.

#44 3 years ago

Wow, over 250 Pinsiders have already voted within 24 hours. Awesome!

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Same here. On the rare occasions I've gotten to play a well-tuned IJ where everything works, it gave such a feeling of playing the movies, with all the peril and traps. Love that it's finally getting to a top four, really deserves it. Such a grail machine, so worth the full restoration.

#46 3 years ago

I'm surprised Elvira's Hiuse of Horrors is beating out Stern JP. I love my JP Premium and feel it is Sterns best to date (that I've played). Is Elvira that good and right up there with JP?

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'm surprised Elvira's Hiuse of Horrors is beating out Stern JP. I love my JP Premium and feel it is Sterns best to date (that I've played). Is Elvira that good and right up there with JP?

I don't think you can infer anything from the poll except the head-to-head totals. EHOH is up against IJ IPA, the numbers are relative only between those two.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Huh? EHoH is up again IJ, not JP. JP is up against MM.

You can't look at the vote counts for 2 separate challenges and compare them to each other.

That said, I do not have enough time on each of those to give you a valid opinion. I have maybe 20 games on each, but with my limited playing, I personally liked EHoH better. But then again, everyone has different opinions on games and some games that some love, other hate. Take it for what it's worth.

#49 3 years ago

This round should be called the Solidstate Eight. Next round Flippin' Four.

#50 3 years ago

Makes sense that a March Madness like poll for pinball would be won by a pin with the word "Madness" in it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,400 (OBO)
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Wanted
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition-2021 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.