Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by AFM95
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Round 3 - Sweet 16 Voting”

• (1) Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP) VS 212 votes
      7%
    • (17) Star Trek (Williams) 156 votes
      5%
    • (2) Medieval Madness VS 288 votes
      10%
    • (15) Star Trek (Stern) 95 votes
      3%
    • (3) Attack From Mars VS 249 votes
      8%
    • (14) The Addams Family 130 votes
      4%
    • (4) Monster Bash VS 264 votes
      9%
    • (20) Theatre of Magic 111 votes
      4%
    • (5) Jurassic Park (Stern) VS 256 votes
      8%
    • (12) AC/DC 114 votes
      4%
    • (6) Iron Maiden VS 181 votes
      6%
    • (11) Indiana Jones (Williams) 198 votes
      7%
    • (7) Twilight Zone VS 247 votes
      8%
    • (10) Deadpool 134 votes
      4%
    • (8) Lord of the Rings VS 211 votes
      7%
    • (9) Metallica 170 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 3016 votes by 415 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200224_191733 (resized).jpg
    Record by Era (resized).JPG
    Record by Company (resized).JPG
    Sweet Sixteen Bracket (resized).JPG
    Round 2 Results (resized).JPG
    Round 3 Matchups (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AFM95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Voting has closed for Round 3. Voting for Round 4 is open. It can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to Round 3, where we have 16 games left. Voting will end at 10pm EST/7pm PST on Saturday night. Stats, results, and brackets are below.

For those of you who missed how this started, or are not familiar with the rules, please see this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition#post-5573218

If you're interested in the consolation bracket, Round 3 can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te

Again, I appreciate everyone participating, this has been fun. Enjoy Round 3!

____________________________________________________________________________

Statistics:

1. 385 Pinsiders voted a total of 5535 times. That's a total of 14.37 votes per person (16 matchups). Thank you to everyone who voted.

2. Biggest upset, if you call it that (and the only one), was #17 Star Trek (Williams) over #16 Tales of the Arabian Nights.

3. Jurassic Park won by the largest margin for a matchup by eating Lebowski - 79% to 21%.

4. Records by Pinball Company (Winning Percentage): (See screenshot below)

5. Records by Era (Winning Percentage): (See screenshot below)
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Round 3 Matchups (resized).JPGRound 3 Matchups (resized).JPGSweet Sixteen Bracket (resized).JPGSweet Sixteen Bracket (resized).JPGRound 2 Results (resized).JPGRound 2 Results (resized).JPGRecord by Company (resized).JPGRecord by Company (resized).JPGRecord by Era (resized).JPGRecord by Era (resized).JPG

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I guess Jurassik Park(JJP) should say Stern?

Fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.

BTW - You spelled Jurassic wrong.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So maybe to calm down the em guys, can you do a em bracket, then do the top 16 from each to see a final winner?

Once the dust settles on this bracket, I can make a 32 pinball bracket, with the top 16 EMs and the top 16 games from 1990-2019.

I just don't want everyone to get bracket fatigue with two running already.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I get the nostalgia factor with EM's, but they can't hold a candle to modern games....they need to compete in their own bracket

Very good point. Maybe I need to renege on my earlier post, as it might not be worth the time?

If we're being honest here, we could slice and dice the Top 100 any way we wanted to. At the end of the day, it's tough to please every one.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

yea everyone lives in their own reality (which is great)....I haven't played many EM's, but the ones I have played were pretty boring....comparing new modern games to old school EM's is the like the Niners playing a local high school team

If I had to guess, I'm assuming the EM's would be blown out of the water with general voting. Nothing wrong with EMs - if I grew up in that era, I probably would love them too.

#30 3 years ago

I agree that Pirates is as close to a complete game as you can get. I sold mine a few weeks ago, as I promise myself to rotate out my third game every spring to keep my small lineup fresh.

Now finding out JJP #6 might not come out until the fall is making me rethink my choice.

I miss it already. It also had no playfield issues either which made it a gem.

#32 3 years ago

Do we already start speculating about next round? Most likely:

Pirates vs LOTR
    JP (Stern) vs Monster Bash
    MM vs Twilight Zone
    AFM vs Indiana Jones (unless Iron Maiden makes a comeback)

#34 3 years ago

48 hour warning... which I guess is plenty of time to still vote.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

MET is like chopping wood. LOTR is like throwing that wood into a blazing fire and enjoying a nice pipe and some whiskey. While getting a mind blowing BJ. And Bill Gates puts you in his will. And Will Farrell agrees to be your golfing buddy. And Buddy Rich comes back from the dead to deliver drum solos at your New Years Eve bashes! And a NiB Monster Bash shows up in your driveway!
    Wait, where was I? Oh yeah LOTR over MeT!

Which LOTR edition is this?

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from ViperJelly:

Quite a few people voting against POTC right now, there must be some backlash. Not sure who would realistically vote STTNG here and I love that machine.
    I own both POTC and STTNG and it isn't even remotely close. If I could only have 1 machine it would be POTC.

It's because people are pissed the CE inadvertently took PoTC to the #1 spot when it got enough qualifying votes.

#77 3 years ago

My opinion is that it belongs in the Top 10. Where you want to put it, it doesn't matter to me. A great game is a great game.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

The CE is the exact same game with a different trim....for myself I'm a huge fan of the game, but not a big fan of the CE trim although the CE play field and back glass looks great

I agree with you.

No offense to those who like the trim on the CE, but the barnacle pieces make it look like junk in my opinion.

#87 3 years ago

Less than 24 hours until Round 3 closes.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

I REALLY wanted to like the CE and justify the money. I have a life size Davy Jones sculpture (top left in this pic) that would've looked great by it. But the LE was just as good and I couldn't justify the CE at all.[quoted image]

Killer collection!

#92 3 years ago

Morning bump. Voting ends tonight!

#96 3 years ago

A little over 2 hours until the polls close.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I voted 20 minutes after you opened the voting. Bring on the next round

I should be able to get the consolation round open for voting tonight.

Depending on time, I possibly can open Round 4 as well. If not, tomorrow morning at the latest.

#101 3 years ago

Voting has been close. Stay tuned for results, updated bracket, and Round 4 voting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AFM95.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition?tu=AFM95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.