Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AFM95
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Round 3 - Sweet 16 Voting”

• (1) Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP) VS 212 votes
      7%
    • (17) Star Trek (Williams) 156 votes
      5%
    • (2) Medieval Madness VS 288 votes
      10%
    • (15) Star Trek (Stern) 95 votes
      3%
    • (3) Attack From Mars VS 249 votes
      8%
    • (14) The Addams Family 130 votes
      4%
    • (4) Monster Bash VS 264 votes
      9%
    • (20) Theatre of Magic 111 votes
      4%
    • (5) Jurassic Park (Stern) VS 256 votes
      8%
    • (12) AC/DC 114 votes
      4%
    • (6) Iron Maiden VS 181 votes
      6%
    • (11) Indiana Jones (Williams) 198 votes
      7%
    • (7) Twilight Zone VS 247 votes
      8%
    • (10) Deadpool 134 votes
      4%
    • (8) Lord of the Rings VS 211 votes
      7%
    • (9) Metallica 170 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 3016 votes by 415 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200224_191733 (resized).jpg
    Record by Era (resized).JPG
    Record by Company (resized).JPG
    Sweet Sixteen Bracket (resized).JPG
    Round 2 Results (resized).JPG
    Round 3 Matchups (resized).JPG
    There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Voting has closed for Round 3. Voting for Round 4 is open. It can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-4-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to Round 3, where we have 16 games left. Voting will end at 10pm EST/7pm PST on Saturday night. Stats, results, and brackets are below.

For those of you who missed how this started, or are not familiar with the rules, please see this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition#post-5573218

If you're interested in the consolation bracket, Round 3 can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te

Again, I appreciate everyone participating, this has been fun. Enjoy Round 3!

____________________________________________________________________________

Statistics:

1. 385 Pinsiders voted a total of 5535 times. That's a total of 14.37 votes per person (16 matchups). Thank you to everyone who voted.

2. Biggest upset, if you call it that (and the only one), was #17 Star Trek (Williams) over #16 Tales of the Arabian Nights.

3. Jurassic Park won by the largest margin for a matchup by eating Lebowski - 79% to 21%.

4. Records by Pinball Company (Winning Percentage): (See screenshot below)

5. Records by Era (Winning Percentage): (See screenshot below)
    Round 3 Matchups (resized).JPGRound 3 Matchups (resized).JPGSweet Sixteen Bracket (resized).JPGSweet Sixteen Bracket (resized).JPGRound 2 Results (resized).JPGRound 2 Results (resized).JPGRecord by Company (resized).JPGRecord by Company (resized).JPGRecord by Era (resized).JPGRecord by Era (resized).JPG

#2 4 years ago

I guess Jurassik Park(JJP) should say Stern?

#4 4 years ago

A lot of great games on that list

#5 4 years ago

I really hated to have to choose between LOTR and Metallica. I own and love both. But you know where my vote went.....

#6 4 years ago

Feeling pretty good. At some point in my life I have owned 14 of the 16 games. Pirates and imdn being the 2...so far.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I guess Jurassik Park(JJP) should say Stern?

Fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.

BTW - You spelled Jurassic wrong.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Let the fun begin.

and games...

#9 4 years ago

This one was easy for me. 5-3 Favorites

#10 4 years ago

I picked 5 dogs, and rightly so

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I really hated to have to choose between LOTR and Metallica. I own and love both. But you know where my vote went.....

Met , right?

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

*Full 64 game bracket is currently being updated and will be posted soon. In the meantime, I posted a bracket below with the final 16 games for easier reading.*
    Hi Everyone,
    Welcome to Round 3, where we have 16 games left. Voting will end at 10pm EST/7pm PST on Saturday night. Stats, results, and brackets are below.
    For those of you who missed how this started, or are not familiar with the rules, please see this post:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition#post-5573218
    If you're interested in the consolation bracket, Round 3 can be found here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te
    Again, I appreciate everyone participating, this has been fun. Enjoy Round 3!
    Statistics:
    1. 385 Pinsiders voted a total of 5535 times. That's a total of 14.37 votes per person (16 matchups). Thank you to everyone who voted.
    2. Biggest upset, if you call it that (and the only one), was #17 Star Trek (Williams) over #16 Tales of the Arabian Nights.
    3. Jurassic Park won by the largest margin for a matchup by eating Lebowski - 79% to 21%.
    4. Records by Pinball Company (Winning Percentage): (See screenshot below)
    5. Records by Era (Winning Percentage): (See screenshot below)
    ____________________________________________________________________________[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So maybe to calm down the em guys, can you do a em bracket, then do the top 16 from each to see a final winner?

#13 4 years ago

Can we get another loser bracket from Round 2? Those are much more fun and really make you think.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So maybe to calm down the em guys, can you do a em bracket, then do the top 16 from each to see a final winner?

Once the dust settles on this bracket, I can make a 32 pinball bracket, with the top 16 EMs and the top 16 games from 1990-2019.

I just don't want everyone to get bracket fatigue with two running already.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I get the nostalgia factor with EM's, but they can't hold a candle to modern games....they need to compete in their own bracket

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I get the nostalgia factor with EM's, but they can't hold a candle to modern games....they need to compete in their own bracket

Agreed, except for the fact I don't even get the nostalgia factor. Old, ugly and boring to play in my humble opinion of course.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

Agreed, except for the fact I don't even get the nostalgia factor. Old, ugly and boring to play in my humble opinion of course.

Gameplay can be fantastic, but a large % of the time an EM game in the wild is gonna have weak flippers and play like shit.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Very good point. Maybe I need to renege on my earlier post, as it might not be worth the time?

If we're being honest here, we could slice and dice the Top 100 any way we wanted to. At the end of the day, it's tough to please every one.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Agree big time. But people are bitching here, imagine that. It's fun to vote, but I dont care what game wins. But really, pirates is best all time?

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agree big time. But people are bitching here, imagine that. It's fun to vote, but I dont care what game wins. But really, pirates is best all time?

Its the best game I've played....although I love MM, IJ, and AFM....

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Very good point. Maybe I need to renege on my earlier post, as it might not be worth the time?
    If we're being honest here, we could slice and dice the Top 100 any way we wanted to. At the end of the day, it's tough to please every one.

yea everyone lives in their own reality (which is great)....I haven't played many EM's, but the ones I have played were pretty boring....comparing new modern games to old school EM's is the like the Niners playing a local high school team

#22 4 years ago

I had to throw my money at theater, but what a list what a list.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

yea everyone lives in their own reality (which is great)....I haven't played many EM's, but the ones I have played were pretty boring....comparing new modern games to old school EM's is the like the Niners playing a local high school team

If I had to guess, I'm assuming the EM's would be blown out of the water with general voting. Nothing wrong with EMs - if I grew up in that era, I probably would love them too.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I think this bracket thing is alot of fun. You stated "pin criteria" at the beginning....your thread, we're playing it..... makes sense to me.

Do I agree w the top 100? Of course not, no one does. It is also fun to watch and has its own trends.

There are good cases to be made for some games to be ranked higher, and equally good ones for some to be (a lot) lower.

Thanks again for doing this, and taking our minds off other stuff for a moment....

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think this bracket thing is alot of fun. You stated "pin criteria" at the beginning....your thread, we're playing it..... makes sense to me.
    Do I agree w the top 100? Of course not, no one does. It is also fun to watch and has its own trends.
    There are good cases to be made for some games to be ranked higher, and equally good ones for some to be (a lot) lower.
    Thanks again for doing this, and taking our minds off other stuff for a moment....

Agreed, fun distraction. Like someone else said above though, voting between LoTR and Met was actually quite difficult. And really this is just for second place. PoTC is the winner anyone who voted otherwise hasn't played it.

#26 4 years ago

C'mon addams family! Lord of the rings over metallica? You people are crazy

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

C'mon addams family!

I tried (but love both games, actually)

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

Agreed, fun distraction. Like someone else said above though, voting between LoTR and Met was actually quite difficult. And really this is just for second place. PoTC is the winner anyone who voted otherwise hasn't played it.

Totally agree....POTC is hands down the most complete game, but there were very few made so not sure a lot have played it....I struggled with LOTR vs Met as well....they are totally different games...one is fast a furious and the other is a long journey....in the end I voted LOTR

#29 4 years ago

I've played pirates, just not a fan. I'm sure it's a great game, but I'm not a tourney or code guy, just a player

#30 4 years ago

I agree that Pirates is as close to a complete game as you can get. I sold mine a few weeks ago, as I promise myself to rotate out my third game every spring to keep my small lineup fresh.

Now finding out JJP #6 might not come out until the fall is making me rethink my choice.

I miss it already. It also had no playfield issues either which made it a gem.

#31 4 years ago

Cool to see the total # of votes in each match virtually even, 8 hours in.

The real stars are starting to shine!!!

#32 4 years ago

Do we already start speculating about next round? Most likely:

Pirates vs LOTR
    JP (Stern) vs Monster Bash
    MM vs Twilight Zone
    AFM vs Indiana Jones (unless Iron Maiden makes a comeback)

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Pirates vs LOTR
    MM vs Twilight Zone

Agree w your speculation matchups, w arguably (not) the top 2 ranked pins in modern-day era to face each other in the elite 8 - TZ and MM.

Another tragedy (@thelaw)

#34 4 years ago

48 hour warning... which I guess is plenty of time to still vote.

#35 4 years ago

Good to see IJ holding its own. Took me a while to fully appreciate, now one of my all time favorites.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from MMGB:

Good to see IJ holding its own. Took me a while to fully appreciate, now one of my all time favorites.

A great pin!!

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Pirates vs LOTR
    MM vs Twilight Zone

I suspect with honest voting your premonition is spot on.

#38 4 years ago

Met over LOTR only bc I can get a buzz going waiting so long for my turn. Wind up losing my dollar. Not cool!
    Not- cool.

#39 4 years ago

POTC and LOTR

JP and MB

Both tied currently...crazy fun to watch unfold!!

#40 4 years ago

I'm opposite to most. I can't believe Metallica can even challenge LOTR at all. LOTR is such an amazing game with such interesting shots and mechs... Metallica has absolutely nothing new in it. I do like the game, but I just don't see how it's so loved. I'd say I have over 50 games on it and... it's on par with Kiss, AC/DC and Aerosmith.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm opposite to most. I can't believe Metallica can even challenge LOTR at all. LOTR is such an amazing game with such interesting shots and mechs... Metallica has absolutely nothing new in it. I do like the game, but I just don't see how it's so loved. I'd say I have over 50 games on it and... it's on par with Kiss, AC/DC and Aerosmith.

MET is like chopping wood. LOTR is like throwing that wood into a blazing fire and enjoying a nice pipe and some whiskey. While getting a mind blowing BJ. And Bill Gates puts you in his will. And Will Farrell agrees to be your golfing buddy. And Buddy Rich comes back from the dead to deliver drum solos at your New Years Eve bashes! And a NiB Monster Bash shows up in your driveway!

Wait, where was I? Oh yeah LOTR over MeT!

#42 4 years ago

I actually thought ACDC might upset JP. Remember when Pinside elevated ACDC to #1 and it was the greatest of all time?

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

MET is like chopping wood. LOTR is like throwing that wood into a blazing fire and enjoying a nice pipe and some whiskey. While getting a mind blowing BJ. And Bill Gates puts you in his will. And Will Farrell agrees to be your golfing buddy. And Buddy Rich comes back from the dead to deliver drum solos at your New Years Eve bashes! And a NiB Monster Bash shows up in your driveway!

Woah! *Runs to start a game of LOTR*

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Woah! *Runs to start a game of LOTR*

When are they vaulting that game with Led assets?

#45 4 years ago

Way to go TheFamilyArcade , now I have to play some games on it

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from MMGB:

Its the best pin!

#47 4 years ago

Which LOTR edition is this?

#48 4 years ago

IJ over Iron Maiden? Never played but never I thought it could happen.

#49 4 years ago

I actually thought ACDC might upset JP. Remember when Pinside elevated ACDC to #1 and it was the greatest of all time?

Yes I do!!!

JP is THE new shiney, however...
    It will be tested heavily against MB on that side of the bracket to make the finals, however.

The reward of either winner is to face the perennial #1 on the other side.

A Dinosaur World vs a Medieval Kingdom for all the marbles ( eh..pinballs).

#50 4 years ago

I never understood the love for AC/DC. The game is just boring.

All of the "rock band" games seem just "meh". It's not that they suck, but I could not see me ever wanting to own one.

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.