(Topic ID: 198734)

Round 2. Vault edditions . Remakes . Thoughts?

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ba47c8de38c6298890f3ffce5ce88ebe (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 10.02.26 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 9.57.48 AM (resized).png
    IMG_2845 (resized).PNG
    #1 6 years ago

What are people's thoughts on VE and Remakes? I own MMR and AFMR and Spider man VE. I do like these games very much. For me it gave me an opportunity to own such great games. However I do see the point of some who are upset because some of the values have came down on the originals. Im not saying the originals are worth less now that there is a remake. I'm not saying Remakes or Originals are better. That is for the individual to decide for themselves. Just asking what people think about a second chance to own certain titles?

#2 6 years ago

I truly believe that the more games, the more people have an opportunity to have a chance to enjoy this hobby.

#3 6 years ago

How more PC could I have been when asking this question. And yet still a thumbs down vote. No hidden agenda here just asking an unbiased question. Thank you to all who positively contribute.

#4 6 years ago

In that case I'll give a second down vote then, because you're absolutely oblivious as to why you annoy people here.

#5 6 years ago

You down vote everything I do. Starting to think you might have a thing for me. I would like to take this opportunity to politely let you know I'm not interested. Why jump on my posts if you do not want to positively contribute? You have no valid argument other then you do not like me. Fine go away plenty of room in pinside for you to look somewhere else.

#6 6 years ago

You take down votes personally like a preteen girl.

Downvotes are for disagreement or disapproval. I personally disagree with how you engage pinside (start 4 threads a day saying "hey everyone - I have a random thought and you're gonna see it as a dedicated thread littered in all the useful/helpful threads")

This thread alone, we have many good VE threads. But because you feel the need to be constantly heard, you make a new thread instead of contributing to the existing conversation because you think you won't get that extra attention you apparently desire for whatever reason. You even made a post in one of your dumb threads and then REPOSTED IT as an entirely new thread because you wanted the attention.

So yeah, if I'm here looking for advice, looking for a game to buy, looking at some of the good discussions, and see littered at the top ANOTHER self-serving thread you've created, guess what? I disagree with the approach, and a downvote comes.

It's not that hard. It's not the ASOA show. Be better at Pinside.

#7 6 years ago

3 downvotes? I didn't see anything wrong with his post. What part didn't you agree with?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

3 downvotes? I didn't see anything wrong with his post. What part didn't you agree with?

The K****A-like behavior

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Downvotes are for disagreement or disapproval. I personally disagree with how you engage pinside (start 4 threads a day saying "hey everyone - I have a random thought and you're gonna see it as a dedicated thread littered in all the useful/helpful threads")
    This thread alone, we have many good VE threads. But because you feel the need to be constantly heard, you make a new thread instead of contributing to the existing conversation because you think you won't get that extra attention you apparently desire for whatever reason. You even made a post in one of your dumb threads and then REPOSTED IT as an entirely new thread because you wanted the attention.
    So yeah, if I'm here looking for advice, looking for a game to buy, looking at some of the good discussions, and see littered at the top ANOTHER self-serving thread you've created, guess what? I disagree with the approach, and a downvote comes.
    It's not that hard. It's not the ASOA show. Be better at Pinside.

If you hate his threads so much just block him, ignore his thread or create a "I hate ASOA" thread.

#10 6 years ago

My apologies if you do not like the threads I make. I think of ideas or discussions that are relevant to me or what I feel is effecting the pinball world. If you do not like my threads that I created why are you always the first to chime in with negativity? I'm new to pinside but I genuenily care about the Great community. I feel some of the guys that have been here for long periods of time have a sense of entitlement. I was very carefully in my wording not to offend anyone. In the past I have made a few mistakes but since then I have learned what is appropriate for this great setting. Again if you do not like me or my created threads do not join in on them. If I make a comment you do not agree with by all means feel free to explain or share your point of view. But to say you just don't like the way I do things here on pinside is BS.

#11 6 years ago

Maybe don't create 3 new threads a day on topics that have been discussed to death? If you have a random thought, find an existing thread on the subject and post there. Constantly creating new threads makes you look desperate for attention and validation.

Like you said, you're new here ... maybe pay attention to what the community is trying to tell you?

#12 6 years ago

Again thank you to all who positivly contribute to pinside you guys are great.

My deepest apologies for some people who attempt to disrupt this great community.

#13 6 years ago

Tron is the vault edition I am waiting for. I know they haven't announced anything.

To me, tron ve is just an eventuality. No rush I don't have the money to buy today anyways. I need an AFMr right now.

I don't know why they don't announce things and I can't think of a single good reason not to make a tron ve. If they don't I will just have to get a regular tron.

#14 6 years ago

TRON VE would be great. Have heard a few people comment that Stern may not be able to get the licensing again from Disney to do another run. Sure would like to see that one though.

#15 6 years ago

Tron would be a fantastic VE. I feel there are alot of people who would love to have this game in their collection but do to availability it is making this very difficult. Seems like it would be very profitable for them as well. Trons do not last on the used market and they are getting top dollar when they sell.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

My deepest apologies for some people who attempt to disrupt this great community.

Therein lies the problem. You're more in the latter than the former. You're proved to be an attention troll.

Pez, myself, and the 60 others that downvoted you in the "I'm too rich and am bored with what's available NIB" are those that contribute, those that engage discussion threads, help others whenever possible... etc. instead of just turning pinside into a personal forum to make hourly inane announcements.

I'm not a bad guy, I'm sure you're not either in person. I just fundamentally disagree with how you treat this enthusiast website as your personal announcement board. You're diluting the important matters.

I won't say anything else on it. If you don't get it, look at your old threads and how you've rubbed people the wrong way.

You want to talk down votes? Ok, look at your up/down vote ratio. Then look at mine. I'm not knowlwdgeable on many aspects on this hobby, and in general have the people skills of a hornet. But I help where I can, be PART of the conversation, not the focus. You've been posting for 2 months and have more down votes than some that have been here years. That should signify something.

#17 6 years ago

Oh you are still here. Thanks for keeping this going while some people are trying to have a conversation. I have made mistakes in the past. granted. I do not know my ratings or points or any of that garbage. I do not care. I speak my mind. Sometimes sarcasm does not transfer well in fourm of a post. That is why I had a few down votes before I guess. Again I do not check so I do not know what you are speaking of. All I know is you are still here jumping on everything I make and doing your best to negatively impact it. In your defense you are not the only one. There are alot of people who do the same thing. That does not make it right but at least you are not acting alone. If you look at the threads on pinside there are dozens of topics that say the exact same thing. Some things stick some do not. It all depends how many people were posting something at that time. If all people only commented their would be nothing new to comment on. New threads need to be made and it is not up to you to decide what should be created. My rule is if I think a thread is dumb I do not read it or comment in it. Perhaps you should do the same.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Ok perhaps a visual before I go watch football, since you can't understand basic things.

The "great community" is in green. The "disruption" is in blue.

IMG_2845 (resized).PNGIMG_2845 (resized).PNG

#19 6 years ago

What are people's thoughts on VE and Remakes? I own MMR and AFMR and Spider man VE. I do like these games very much. For me it gave me an opportunity to own such great games. However I do see the point of some who are upset because some of the values have came down on the originals. Im not saying the originals are worth less now that there is a remake. I'm not saying Remakes or Originals are better. That is for the individual to decide for themselves. Just asking what people think about a second chance to own certain titles?

#21 6 years ago

Is this a Remake of your Original thought? (i am not sure why you capitalized those two words, as they are not names or proper nouns, but I just wanted to keep it consistent.

I think you are missing the entire point some people are trying to get across to you. This is not an original thread. there are plenty more just like it this. I think you would be better off stating your "thoughts" in a thread that is already started, instead of one that is made just for you.

Plenty of people have been happy to discuss these thoughts in MANY, MANY other threads already started.

Please just use the search function before starting another thread that has been discussed more than enough times already.

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 9.57.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-24 at 9.57.48 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 10.02.26 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-24 at 10.02.26 AM (resized).png

#22 6 years ago

Just stop.

#24 6 years ago

Kind of on topic here, how does one actually view their own personal upvote/downvote ratio?

#25 6 years ago

Click on yourself at the top and find the link to your public profile and then click on the forum section.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Kind of on topic here, how does one actually view their own personal upvote/downvote ratio?

You are batting a hundred.

Oops that was pickleric.

#27 6 years ago

Thanks for the info. Took a second to find it. Under "forum activity".

Quoted from Travish:

You are batting a hundred.

Close. 97.1% positive. Not bad I guess. Been here 4 years and that was the first time I've ever looked. Maybe I'll look again in 2021.

Thanks again for the help.

#28 6 years ago

Never!!! As King pin Games has so kindly showed us there are over 1500 similar threads mentioning remakes. Did you guys all get on those threads and say stop making this thread? Or am I just the lucky one. I feel.I am contributing. Perhaps not to you but some enjoy my conversations. Do you feel you are helping pinside by doing this or provoking bad behavior? I do not care about ratios or points because there are some people on pinside that just try to screw with everything without merit. I feel they are the true reason that there is alot less activity on pinside. I know alot of people who will not comment because they do not want the drama that comes with just speaking there view. Thank you to a select group of people who make it not enjoyable to participate in Pinside.

You do nothing for the rise or resurgence of pinball. You isolate individuals and make them feel uncomfortable. Not me I do not care. I know what kid of people you are. I will not let you screw with me. Lots of people feel the way I do. Go make your own threads or participate in threads you can relate to. If my stuff is not for you then go away.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

ba47c8de38c6298890f3ffce5ce88ebe (resized).pngba47c8de38c6298890f3ffce5ce88ebe (resized).png

Made me think of my favorite Allstate commercial

#30 6 years ago

Can someone give me a downvote?

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Can someone give me a downvote?

No. I upvoted you just to be an ass.

#32 6 years ago

Just do not like when some people hijack perfectly good threads because they do not like an individual or topic. Your disruptive behavior is not constructive and serves no purpose. If you down vote you should have a valid reason other then saying there is already a thread that has this topic discussed. Everything has been discussed many times over. Lets let that rule in place no discussions on what has already been discussed. That would be the end of Pinside or at the very least make it alot less entertaining.

#33 6 years ago

Nobody's saying you can't discuss it. They're saying there's no reason to make a NEW thread just for your opinion, especially when you are spamming the board with new threads every day. You have made more threads in 3 months than I have in 5 years, and I post a lot.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Nobody's saying you can't discuss it. They're saying there's no reason to make a NEW thread just for your opinion, especially when you are spamming the board with new threads every day. You have made more threads in 3 months than I have in 5 years, and I post a lot.

This x 1000!

Unnecessary new threads are Pinside Litter we all have to sift through to find the good stuff.

Sometimes when you prove you can't drive responsibly, the parents have to take away the keys to the car. I wonder if the mods have the right to revoke new thread creation...

#35 6 years ago

Why is this troll even allowed to continue making threads? I ran out of thumbs down, ( literally, abuse ) didnt know that was possible..

#36 6 years ago

Everything from the cadence of his posts to the fact that the threads invariably become about him is giving me a sense of deja vu.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

ust do not like when some people hijack perfectly good threads because they do not like an individual or topic.

He didn't like your thread, he downvoted and moved on. That's reasonable, different strokes, whatever.

You hijacked it yourself by whining about it, and have been whining about things going off topic since. You derailed your own thread into some victimization drama. Try to learn from this.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Everything from the cadence of his posts to the fact that the threads invariably become about him is giving me a sense of deja vu.

I don't know ASOA, but this is not a "Kaneda". From what I have gathered locally he is a good guy who has owned and routed pinball machines for a long time but has recently found out about Pinside. I'm sure we will do a deal someday, based on him being less than 2 hrs away

#39 6 years ago

Ill participate, VE's are awesome but priced rediculously high as design and code time shouldnt be built in the price so it feels like a gouch, remakes are in the same boat with me, i have mixed feelings with new board sets for the older games. Everything is microscopicly surface mounted requiring you call the OEM for help or replacment EVEN for a bulb instead of fixing a thruhole component on your own or sending it off to the guys here or clive. So i just wont buy. But others who do i still see the advantages.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-2-vault-edditions-remakes-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.