Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AFM95
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Round 2 Voting”

• (1) Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP) VS 227 votes
      4%
    • (32) Ghostbusters 110 votes
      2%
    • (2) Medieval Madness VS 267 votes
      5%
    • (34) The Shadow 85 votes
      2%
    • (3) Attack From Mars VS 248 votes
      4%
    • (30) White Water 104 votes
      2%
    • (4) Monster Bash VS 224 votes
      4%
    • (36) Iron Man VS 126 votes
      2%
    • (5) Jurassic Park (Stern) VS 268 votes
      5%
    • (28) The Big Lebowski 73 votes
      1%
    • (6) Iron Maiden VS 208 votes
      4%
    • (27) Tron: Legacy 139 votes
      3%
    • (7) Twilight Zone VS 257 votes
      5%
    • (26) Scared Stiff 83 votes
      1%
    • (8) Lord of the Rings VS 265 votes
      5%
    • (25) Willy Wonka 82 votes
      1%
    • (9) Metallica VS 210 votes
      4%
    • (24) The Walking Dead 135 votes
      2%
    • (10) Deadpool VS 188 votes
      3%
    • (23) The Simpsons Pinball Party 158 votes
      3%
    • (11) Indiana Jones (Williams) VS 221 votes
      4%
    • (22) Wizard of Oz 123 votes
      2%
    • (12) AC/DC VS 188 votes
      3%
    • (21) Batman 66 157 votes
      3%
    • (14) The Addams Family VS 223 votes
      4%
    • (19) Spider Man 126 votes
      2%
    • (15) Star Trek (Stern) VS 179 votes
      3%
    • (18) Dialed In 172 votes
      3%
    • (16) Tales of the Arabian Nights VS 166 votes
      3%
    • (17) Star Trek (Williams) 175 votes
      3%
    • (20) Theatre of Magic VS 211 votes
      4%
    • (52) Fish Tales 137 votes
      2%

(Multiple choice - 5535 votes by 385 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Round 3 Matchups (resized).JPG
    And-Its-Gone. (resized).jpg
    Stern Showdown (resized).JPG
    Round 2 Bracket 2 (resized).JPG
    Round 2 Bracket 1 (resized).JPG
    Record by Era (resized).JPG
    Record by Company (resized).JPG
    Round 1 Results (resized).JPG
    Round 2 Matchups (resized).JPG
    There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Round 2 is closed for voting. You can vote for Round 3 here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

For those of you who missed Round 1, or are not familiar with the rules, please see this link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition#post-5573218

If you didn't catch the statistics from Round 1, they are posted below (six of them), along with attachments for an easier read.

Last but not least, if you're interested in voting on the Consolation Bracket, it can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te

Any questions, feel free to post in the thread or PM me. Enjoy round 2 everyone!
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

1. There were 361 Pinsider's who voted a total of 9,483 times. That's an average of 26.26 votes per Pinsider.

2. Medieval Madness put on the biggest beat down, with 90% of the vote versus Indianapolis 500. You can see how the rest of the winners/losers by percentage in one of my attachments.

3. Biggest upset - Fish Tales (ranked 52nd) over Elvira's House of Horrors (ranked (unlucky?) 13th). Fish Tales finished with 53% of the vote.

4. Other upsets - Iron Man (36th) over Cirqus Voltaire (29th), and The Shadow (34th) over The Hobbit (31st).

5. Records by Pinball Company (Winning Percentage):

1-0 1.000 Dutch Pinball
    4-1 .800 Jersey Jack Pinball
    14-10 .583 Stern
    7-6 .538 Williams
    6-7 .462 Bally
    0-1 .000 American Pinball
    0-1 .000 Heighway Pinball
    0-2 .000 Capcom
    0-2 .000 Data East
    0-2 .000 Spooky Pinball

6. Records by Era (Winning Percentage):

2000-2009 3-1 .750
    2010-2019 16-14 .533
    1990-1999 13-16 .448
    1980-1989 0-1 .000
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    Round 2 Matchups (resized).JPGRound 2 Matchups (resized).JPGRound 1 Results (resized).JPGRound 1 Results (resized).JPGRecord by Company (resized).JPGRecord by Company (resized).JPGRecord by Era (resized).JPGRecord by Era (resized).JPGRound 2 Bracket 1 (resized).JPGRound 2 Bracket 1 (resized).JPGRound 2 Bracket 2 (resized).JPGRound 2 Bracket 2 (resized).JPG

#2 4 years ago

Losers bracket would also be fun...

#3 4 years ago

I voted and struggled with:

IJ vs. WOZ = (IJ for the vote)
    ToM vs. FT = (FT for the vote)

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reaper802:

What he said!

#5 4 years ago

Tough decision for some matchs. To decide, I thought which one I would have kept longer.

#6 4 years ago

I try to just focus on "which one is more fun to play". So TOTAN VS STTNG was easy for me. TOTAN is a beautiful game...but STTNG is way more fun...easy vote.

I know IM will get killed this round...but again...easy vote for it from me.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reaper802:

Quoted from mtn-:

What he said!

I can build out a consolation bracket if you'd like. It would be fun to see how the matchups play out.

With that said; because it takes a good chunk of time, I will keep it strictly to a consolation bracket and voting - no additional statistics. Give me a little time and I can publish a new thread.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I try to just focus on "which one is more fun to play". So TOTAN VS STTNG was easy for me. TOTAN is a beautiful game...but STTNG is way more fun...easy vote.
    I know IM will get killed this round...but again...easy vote for it from me.

I voted IM for lastability.
    Met vs TWD is a die heart for me.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I agree that ToM vs. FT was a very close call (I also voted for FT, but it was a tough choice).

OTOH, IJ vs. WOZ is a no-brainer. WOZ is a decent machine, but IJ is great.

#10 4 years ago

Hard not to vote for your faves even if you like the other game. lookin for ss to pull off the upset this round

#11 4 years ago

Normally I would tell you not to waste time on a loser's bracket. In an era where everyone has an abundant amount of spare time to fill, go ahead. We all can use the extra entertainment.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

Normally I would tell you not to waste time on a loser's bracket. In an era where everyone has an abundant amount of spare time to fill, go ahead. We all can use the extra entertainment.

I'm doing the consolation bracket for you guys, not me. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of spare time; however, I enjoy giving back to the community, especially to those who need to forget what's going on in the world at the moment.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I can build out a consolation bracket if you'd like. It would be fun to see how the matchups play out.
    With that said; because it takes a good chunk of time, I will keep it strictly to a consolation bracket and voting - no additional statistics. Give me a little time and I can publish a new thread.

Thank you! And also what freeplay3 said in post number 11 in this thread.

#14 4 years ago

What a great idea for a fun thread! Love the statistics!

#16 4 years ago

About 100 Pinsiders have already voted. All favorites are winning except for Star Trek (Williams) over Tales of the Arabian Nights.

#17 4 years ago

In what upsidedown land is DI better than Whirlwind? I'm out.

#18 4 years ago

Ugh...couple of tough ones for me:

Have to vote IM, TRON, and TWD as I just like them better (TRON could prove to be an upset, where I know MET will win).

Saving my MET vote for when it will be needed however.....

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

In what upsidedown land is DI better than Whirlwind? I'm out.

It's not....believe it will take undisputed great games with enough voters to eventually knock out some of the madness (why the top 100 is messed up anyway)

We all know where this is going, but still fun compared to what is happening around us right now....

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Your one of the few that owns or has owned almost all these games...

#21 4 years ago

I voted for a lot of underdogs this round.

#22 4 years ago

Oh nooo!
    Need to wake up some walkers!

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Oh nooo!
    Need to wake up some walkers!

That is a tough choice.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I voted for a lot of underdogs this round.

I found myself voting for about 1/3 of the underdogs myself.

#25 4 years ago

some VS are very hard in this round... funny

#26 4 years ago

Underdogs here, underdogs there.

#27 4 years ago

"Look Bob, Magicians!"

Come on FT!

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

"Look Bob, Magicians!"
    Come on FT!

FT all the way to the sweet 16

#29 4 years ago

361 Pinsiders voted in Round 1. We already have half that number (180) that have voted in the first 6 1/2 hours for Round 2. Awesome.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

361 Pinsiders voted in Round 1. We already have half that number (180) that have voted in the first 6 1/2 hours for Round 2. Awesome.

Not sure how fun this is for You but I do Sincerely appreciate you doing this! I think its fun especially under the circumstances and interesting to see what the players think. Thank You!

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I think in the first round thread it was posted that this would be a TWIP topic today. If that happens expect a huge jump in voters tonight/tomorrow.

Also expect huge amounts of bitching from the Stern army about some of the games bumped in the first round that they didn't get to vote for.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure how fun this is for You but I do Sincerely appreciate you doing this! I think its fun especially under the circumstances and interesting to see what the players think. Thank You!

I appreciate the kind words Yelobird. I'm the guy who typically runs tournament brackets or fantasy football with friends and coworkers. The manual spreadsheet building isn't my favorite, but I typically nerd out with statistics, hence the breakdown of records by pinball company/manufacturer and pinball eras.

Speaking of records by pinball company/manufacturer, I'm shocked no one has ripped or praised JPP/Stern yet.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

I think in the first round thread it was posted that this would be a TWIP topic today. If that happens expect a huge jump in voters tonight/tomorrow.
    Also expect huge amounts of bitching from the Stern army about some of the games bumped in the first round that they didn't get to vote for.

It was posted today.

I also see that Stern might have liked my idea enough to create their own bracket. Where are my royalties?
    Stern Showdown (resized).JPGStern Showdown (resized).JPG

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

As well as the JJP club, where 3 of the 4 titles stand a very good chance of being knocked out....

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Speaking of records by pinball company/manufacturer, I'm shocked no one has ripped or praised JPP/Stern yet.

Believe it just happened in the post just above yours (I had to respond)....reading/ commenting in between hospital craziness on my end, so quite grateful to type some fun stuff at the moment....

#36 4 years ago

Stern army Vs cult of JJP

Quoted from AFM95:

I also see that Stern might have liked my idea enough to create their own bracket. Where are my royalties?
    [quoted image]

I imagine they go directly to jar155?

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Stern army Vs cult of JJP

I imagine they go directly to jar155?

I'm not familiar with jar155. Should I assume he's the biggest Stern fan ever?

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I'm not familiar with jar155. Should I assume he's the biggest Stern fan ever?

He's the one that ran the march Madness poll like this every year...although it seems Kwikimart may have actually invented it in 2012.
    EDIT: I mean on Pinside...maybe RGP had one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=march+madness&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

As well as the JJP club, where 3 of the 4 titles stand a very good chance of being knocked out....

probably out of the sweet 16, but their lone game (which they don't even make anymore) will probably make it the final four, and could win the whole thing....having owned many of these machines its really hard to pick between a classic like MM, AFM, IJ and a modern pin....

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He's the one that ran the march Madness poll like this every year...although it seems Kwikimart may have actually invented it in 2012.
    EDIT: I mean on Pinside...maybe RGP had one?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=march+madness&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

Ahhh... I had no idea anyone did this on Pinside. And jar155, I apologize for asking if you were the biggest Stern fan ever. I know that can be offensive to some.

#41 4 years ago

Morning bump. Poll closes tomorrow night at 10pm EST/7pm PST.

#42 4 years ago

No one cares.

#43 4 years ago

3 of 16 matchups are still within 20 votes of each other. Dialed In is two votes behind Stern's Star Trek.

A little over 33 hours until voting closes.

#44 4 years ago

And a tragedy that AFM must take on it's own brother TAF this early. Heavyweights already sitting at 200+ votes, however, so I suspect the final winner still comes down to 2 pins....

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

And a tragedy that AFM must take on it's own brother TAF this early...

#46 4 years ago

I'm shocked so many people voted GB over POTC....it must be because they sold so many more games ....

#47 4 years ago

Next round...tragedy as I think TAF could have held it's own in a softer bracket...getting more votes than other games that will move on..

#48 4 years ago

9-7 for the favored on my ticket.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

however, so I suspect the final winner still comes down to 2 pins....

You mean it comes down to two pins in the championship round? Haha!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

You mean it comes down to two pins in the championship round?

Tragedy!

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-2-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.