Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AFM95
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Round 2 Voting”

• (1) Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP) VS 227 votes
      4%
    • (32) Ghostbusters 110 votes
      2%
    • (2) Medieval Madness VS 267 votes
      5%
    • (34) The Shadow 85 votes
      2%
    • (3) Attack From Mars VS 248 votes
      4%
    • (30) White Water 104 votes
      2%
    • (4) Monster Bash VS 224 votes
      4%
    • (36) Iron Man VS 126 votes
      2%
    • (5) Jurassic Park (Stern) VS 268 votes
      5%
    • (28) The Big Lebowski 73 votes
      1%
    • (6) Iron Maiden VS 208 votes
      4%
    • (27) Tron: Legacy 139 votes
      3%
    • (7) Twilight Zone VS 257 votes
      5%
    • (26) Scared Stiff 83 votes
      1%
    • (8) Lord of the Rings VS 265 votes
      5%
    • (25) Willy Wonka 82 votes
      1%
    • (9) Metallica VS 210 votes
      4%
    • (24) The Walking Dead 135 votes
      2%
    • (10) Deadpool VS 188 votes
      3%
    • (23) The Simpsons Pinball Party 158 votes
      3%
    • (11) Indiana Jones (Williams) VS 221 votes
      4%
    • (22) Wizard of Oz 123 votes
      2%
    • (12) AC/DC VS 188 votes
      3%
    • (21) Batman 66 157 votes
      3%
    • (14) The Addams Family VS 223 votes
      4%
    • (19) Spider Man 126 votes
      2%
    • (15) Star Trek (Stern) VS 179 votes
      3%
    • (18) Dialed In 172 votes
      3%
    • (16) Tales of the Arabian Nights VS 166 votes
      3%
    • (17) Star Trek (Williams) 175 votes
      3%
    • (20) Theatre of Magic VS 211 votes
      4%
    • (52) Fish Tales 137 votes
      2%

(Multiple choice - 5535 votes by 385 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Round 3 Matchups (resized).JPG
    And-Its-Gone. (resized).jpg
    Stern Showdown (resized).JPG
    Round 2 Bracket 2 (resized).JPG
    Round 2 Bracket 1 (resized).JPG
    Record by Era (resized).JPG
    Record by Company (resized).JPG
    Round 1 Results (resized).JPG
    Round 2 Matchups (resized).JPG
    There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

Over/Under - 361 Pinsiders vote this round

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Over/Under - 361 Pinsiders vote this round

Over for sure

#53 4 years ago

Too funny...my " go to" word lately...better than goat..

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

You mean it comes down to two pins in the championship round? Haha!

Yep...MM and JP!!!

#55 4 years ago

Is TOTAN really going to lose to ST? Travesty!

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

Is TOTAN really going to lose to ST? Travesty!

Both are great machines! But I can only vote for one, and it'll always go to the pin I enjoy more

So yes STTNG could beat TOTAN, but not a travesty

#57 4 years ago

should be some upsets (I voted for 8 on the lower half of the bracket)

#58 4 years ago

We need some mom jean lovers to help out Dialed In.

#59 4 years ago

A friendly reminder that we have 24 hours left until voting closes.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

We need some mom jean lovers to help out Dialed In.

DI shoots great but ST has that warp ramp!

#61 4 years ago

TAF is truly iconic and one of the best games of all time. But man, better than Spider Man? I don’t think so. Do people realize that we’re talking Stern Spider Man - with a terrific, tight and creative LYMAN ruleset and not the old Gotlieb?

Lyman isn’t faring - overall - as well as I’d hoped. But then again, he’s beating himself in many cases.

#62 4 years ago

Good idea, but how many of us have played all of the pins in the poll? Is there a requirement that you have to have played the pin? I've only played maybe half of the pins in the poll.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Good idea, but how many of us have played all of the pins in the poll? Is there a requirement that you have to have played the pin? I've only played maybe half of the pins in the poll.

I voted in this 2nd round, but chose not to vote on one of the match-ups due to I have not yet played Willy Wonka machine.

It's all just for fun, but hopefully Pinsiders are making votes that they can live with and not feel like a dirtbag, and are not making certain picks just to be a jerk.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

TAF is truly iconic and one of the best games of all time. But man, better than Spider Man? I don’t think so. Do people realize that we’re talking Stern Spider Man - with a terrific, tight and creative LYMAN ruleset and not the old Gotlieb?
    Lyman isn’t faring - overall - as well as I’d hoped. But then again, he’s beating himself in many cases.

It results that games of 90’s are still loved and they may get something more that the new generation games don’t have (for most of them). Don’t know if this is linked to the game or the generation to which it belongs or both.
    What would be also interesting to know if what kind of player you are? Casual or more competitor player. It changes the orientation of the games we are interested in.

#65 4 years ago

looks like only one upset STTNG over TotAN

#66 4 years ago

Not sure we could call a 17th ranked game a real big upset over the 16th ranked game. Both great games though. Fun thread and poll. Great idea.

Cheers and happy health everyone.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Over for sure

Congrats Yelobird, you hit the over with 10 hours of voting left.

You win... a upvote from me.

#68 4 years ago

Heyy my favorite pin The Shadow made it to round 2..

Damn you Medieval Madness

And-Its-Gone. (resized).jpgAnd-Its-Gone. (resized).jpg
    #69 4 years ago

Funny how there are no solid states or EMs which IMO are the best games for any competition or tournaments.

So there is really nothing to vote on here.

I think using the words All-Time is a real stretch.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Funny how there are no solid states or EMs which IMO are the best games for any competition or tournaments.

Fathom was in round 1, got knocked out though.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Fathom was in round 1, got knocked out though.

So, this is basically a poll of which games cost the most and pinsiders have the most money tied up in.

I get it now.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So, this is basically a poll of which games cost the most and pinsiders have the most money tied up in. I get it now.

Well, the initial seeds were based on the Pinside Top 100.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Well, the initial seeds were based on the Pinside Top 100.

Pinside 100 has a long way to go before you start using words like "all time".

Especially since there are two different top 100 lists and no games from one of them in any of the polls.

All time for people that grew up playing video games and didn't discover pinball until later in life maybe.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pinside 100 has a long way to go before you start using words like "all time".

Oh, I see, you are objecting to the use of the words "all time" in the title of the thread. I missed that in your initial post. Maybe the OP will respond.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Oh, I see, you are objecting to the use of the words "all time" in the title of the thread. I missed that in your initial post. Maybe the OP will respond.

No, it doesn't matter. I'm just killing time like the rest of you.

And I am proud to say I no longer own any of the games in this thread's poll of the 8 that I did.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

In my original Round 1 post, I said, "I thought it would be fun to put together a tournament bracket using the Top 64 games, from Pinside's Top 100, to hypothetically decide what the Greatest Pinball Game of All-Time is."

Emphasis on hypothetically.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:I thought it would be fun

It is fun to see what others think are the greatest games and spend their money on. In fact it's even funny sometimes.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

In my original Round 1 post, I said, "I thought it would be fun to put together a tournament bracket using the Top 64 games, from Pinside's Top 100, to hypothetically decide what the Greatest Pinball Game of All-Time is."
    Emphasis on hypothetically.

Fun thread.... appreciate you doing it

( Predict blood-letting starts in the next round)

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It is fun to see what others think are the greatest games and spend their money on. In fact it's even funny sometimes.

He just took the Pinside top 64. There’s no agenda here. Tell you what. You’ve got a little time on your hands, between meals - - so why don’t you set up an EM Donneybrook? Use the top 64 from here: https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

#80 4 years ago

Round 2 voting is officially over. Per usual, give me a little time to update some stats, brackets, and matchups.

#81 4 years ago

LOTR vs MET

AFM vs TAF

EPIC!!!!

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobDutch:

Heyy my favorite pin The Shadow made it to round 2..
    Damn you Medieval Madness [quoted image]

Yep, Shadow is the better Eddy pin but MM is definitely the best complete package. If you are new to pinball MM is just the greatest ever.

#83 4 years ago

Congrats to STTNG!

#84 4 years ago

And to ST!!! ( though off to face MM)

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

And to ST!!! ( though off to face MM)

If I read the bracket right

STTNG vs TOM

And ST stern vs TAF

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

If I read the bracket right
    STTNG vs TOM
    And ST stern vs TAF

Here are the matchups for Round 3. Voting starts tomorrow in the AM. I'll post the new tread in the morning.

Round 3 Matchups (resized).JPGRound 3 Matchups (resized).JPG
    #87 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Round 2 voting is officially over. Per usual, give me a little time to update some stats, brackets, and matchups.

Ignore the haters, this is a fun distraction from whats going on. Enjoy reading your thread. Thx

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ignore the haters, this is a fun distraction from whats going on. Enjoy reading your thread. Thx

Much appreciated. Thank you.

If you haven't already, I have started Round 3 of the consolation bracket tonight for those who might not be sleeping yet. Feel free to jump over there and vote if you'd like.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/consolation-bracket-round-3-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-te

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Here are the matchups for Round 3. Voting starts tomorrow in the AM. I'll post the new tread in the morning.[quoted image]

These are all amazing match ups. I’m watching LOTR vs. Metallica. To me, it’s LOTR, and it’s not close, but with recency bias and the “metal thing” we’ll see.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

These are all amazing match ups. I’m watching LOTR vs. Metallica. To me, it’s LOTR, and it’s not close, but with recency bias and the “metal thing” we’ll see.

Met all the way!!

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Met all the way!!

Oh man for sure.

#92 4 years ago

The sweet sixteen is posted above by AFM95 in post #86.

Can't blame the refs for any of these machines advancing to the sweet 16.

Clarification: We may have to do any e-m top 64 bracket to help settle that issue.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Here are the matchups for Round 3. Voting starts tomorrow in the AM. I'll post the new tread in the morning.[quoted image]

AFM95

How did the lowest remaining seed end up facing the 4th seed instead of JJP Potc?

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

How did the lowest remaining seed end up facing the 4th seed instead of JJP Potc?

dc2010,

Look at the earlier bracket and you can see how the winners advance through the bracket.
    There was a few cases where the higher seed did not advance.

Example: The 13 seed didn't make it to sweet 16, but the 20 seed did in that "region".

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So, this is basically a poll of which games cost the most and pinsiders have the most money tied up in.
    I get it now.

You know you don’t like that kind of thread but you can’t prevent you from posting a kindy comment...

#96 4 years ago

None of my votes counted.

Centaur over Kiss. Duh
    Taxi over Star Wars. Duh
    Black Knight over BKsor. Duh
    Fathom over Stranger Things. Duh

mof

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

None of my votes counted.
    Centaur over Kiss. Duh
    Taxi over Star Wars. Duh
    Black Knight over BKsor. Duh
    Fathom over Stranger Things. Duh
    mof

I agree 100% on your list

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

AFM95

Because of upsets. You don't reseed tournament brackets.

In theory, if there were no upsets and all the higher ranked games won, Monster Bash, ranked 4, should have played Elvira's House of Horrors as it was ranked 13. It was beat out by Fish Tales (52). Then Theatre of Magic (20) beat Fish Tales. Hence the matchup.

Follow the brackets, they lead you to the answer.

#99 4 years ago

Flash Gordon. Period.

#100 4 years ago

Tom is pretty but a bore to play. Give me 2 fishtales anyday over that overpriced simple kiddie game.

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-2-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.