Round 2 is open for voting:
It's that time of year again - March Madness. Some of you have reached out to me asking if/when I would be create a new "Greatest Pinball Game of All-Time" bracket for 2021. To answer that question, now would be a great time.
For those who aren't familiar with last year's tournament bracket, you can familiarize yourself with the rules here:
If you hate clicking on links, don't worry, I have you covered. See below for this year's rules.
- How are the seeds determined? This is decided by today's (3/12/21) Pinside Top 100; we're only using the Top 64 ranked games.
- Who "plays" who? #1 rated pin plays #64, #2 rated pin plays #63, #3 rated pin plays #62, and so on.
- How do we decide a winner? Your voting. There will be 32 matchups to start the first round, which will be cut down 16 next round, and so on. Once this round is complete, I will start a new thread with each round.
- How long is the voting open? Voting for the first round will stay open until 10pm EST/7pm PST Monday. Votes will be tallied and the new round of 32 will start on Tuesday.
- Your voting poll is confusing, how do I know what to do? I have attached a matchup spreadsheet to make it as clear as possible. Also, I have taken a screenshot for sample voting for reference. When you look at the voting poll, you'll see something like this:
1 Guns N Roses (JJP) VS 64 Revenge From Mars
As you can see above, the higher ranked game (which will be on the left) is GnR, who is matching up again the lower ranked game (which will be on the right) Revenge From Mars. Each individual matchup goes left to right. You would vote for one or the other, not both. If you do this right, you have an opportunity to vote 32 times this round.
- In an event there is a tie between the matchup, the higher ranked pin will move on to the next round.
If anyone has any other questions, feel free to post below or send me a PM.
Last but not least, I hope this is fun for all of you as it is for me. There are some great matchups to vote on. Enjoy the tournament!