Rough looking banzai run on ebay - stupid money IMO

By EEE

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am amazed that a machine this rough could get multiple bidders at this level. Currently $4500 +

Am I missing some special announcement, or is this today's market for this title?

ebay.com link: 1988 Williams BANZAI RUN Electronic Pinball Machine Arcade Game Coin Operated

#2 10 years ago

I've been watching that, I can't believe it's that high either.

#4 10 years ago

I passed one up a few months ago for $4500 because I thought it was way too much money!

#5 10 years ago

and i was thinking what my Banzai would be worth as it's in much better shape than this one...every once in a while you see an auction that makes you sit back and wonder.

Dave

#6 10 years ago

- 12% for the seller.

#7 10 years ago

This is for sure stupid money. I would love a Banzai Run, but its not worth near that. Looks like its got a 80's Bally coin door on it? Yikes!

#8 10 years ago

shame on the coin door as the rest of the cabinet isn't that bad. Wonder if it's just the extra bolt holes because if they enlarged the hole to fit that door that will be quite a bit of work to replace the front piece of wood.

Pf looks like it was mylared after the pf wear which usually makes it more dangerous when trying to remove it.

#9 10 years ago

"This is a one owner unit purchased directly from the estate owner. "

Hmm - it's a reimport which explains the coin door. Look at the voltage on the S/N sticker.

viperrwk

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

- 12% for the seller.

actually more like 4.9%... I think the fee is capped at around $250

#11 10 years ago

This certainly is a turd for gem pricing. This auction clearly shows how stupid this hobby can be.

#12 10 years ago

I will have to commend the seller for at least showing all the flaws on the cabinet/playfield (nothing shown inside the game or backbox unfortunately). The high price of this auction falls squarely on the bidder(s).

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I will have to commend the seller for at least showing all the flaws on the cabinet/playfield (nothing shown inside the game or backbox unfortunately). The high price of this auction falls squarely on the bidder(s).

Damn tootin!

#14 10 years ago

The bidding pattern looks kind of weird. It started at 99 cents, so I guess there was no minimum bid. A few people play around under a thousand, then $1125, before someone apparently got serious and bid $1800. Everyone else caught up, then by noon the next day, the top bid was $2000. then it gets weird. A new bidder goes $1100 over the odds to $3100. A second bidder goes $100 under an hour later, before jacking it up to $4000. The first bidder then catches up before finishing at $4050, but once he's overbid again, he drops out. Finally, two more bidders come out of nowhere to join the second to drive the price up another thousand. Just crazy. Seller must be ecstatic.

#15 10 years ago

WOW...I have a Banzai (HUO, but non pinball person) that I bought about 6 mos ago that looks considerably better for considerably less. I was really worried that I spent too much, but now I feel like I made a wise purchase, even though I still need to rebuild all the flippers and POPs.

#16 10 years ago

Has anyone noticed how often a Banzai comes up for sale in the past 2 years? I really have not noticed, because of the new hobbyist's flowing into the market and mostly buying NIB games, that is were all the talk has been focused on.
Supply of FS Banzai's must be way down, that is a size able spike in price for a game in that condition that hasnt been gone through. Blown apart Banzai's are still going to command a chunk of change but I am a little surprised on how well this sale did.

Scott
Detroit Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,490.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rough-looking-banzai-run-on-ebay-priced-to-bankrupt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.