(Topic ID: 316657)

RottenDog WPC089 NVRAM not holding settings

By WesleyB

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from WesleyB:

Hey Everyone...weird issue or maybe I am just being dense and missing the obvious. You be the judge.
I have a Bride of Pinbot with the RottenDog WPC and finally got around to ordering the NVRAM for the board. I got the chip and the first one was a 6424 that did not work. Board would not boot with it in there. Contact the seller and he sent me the 62556 chip and that did allow the game to boot and work normally but will not retain the settings. The chip that was in the board was a CY62256NLL-70PXC and the one that was sent is a U62256ADK07LLG1. I searched a good bit but could not come up with anything concrete that said if this is normal and you are SOL or if I had to modify a jumper or something along that line.
Am I missing something stupid or am I just going to have to use batteries and move on? This is the rottendog board for the WPC89 with the remote battery and I unhooked it from the board. If I leave it in, it retains the settings...but that was the point of getting the new NVRAM to get that out of the mix.
Thanks and any help would be awesome. If I am not giving enough info, let me know and I can supply more.

I think they sent regular SRAM instead of NVRAM. Not a Rottendog MPU issue. The part U62256ADK07LLG1 comes up as a regular Static RAM chip that would require battery power. If you get the proper NVRAM module it should be good and you can get rid of the battery.

#4 1 year ago

It sounds like it is more on the vendor that sent out regular RAM instead of NVRAM. I've seen the replacement WPC MPU boards ship with 8K (6264) or 32K (62256) SRAM. Just need to verify what it uses and get the same version in NVRAM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 27.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
$ 9.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-wpc089-nvram-not-holding-settings?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.