Rottendog Williams System 11 Sound problems Big Guns

By Okarcades

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I recently purchased a rottendog system 11 mpu replacement for a Williams Big Guns and the sound is not working properly. The guns and voice sounds are extremely loud and distorted. The Music and other sounds seem to be fine and everything else on the board works great.

I have another big guns with a good mpu board I swapped and the speakers work fine so I know its not that. I also swapped just the sound roms from the good working mpu into the rottendog and the same problem still happens.

There is also a faint sound coming from the speakers that sound like a helicopter or a heart beat. And sometimes when I turn the game on there is a very loud and long tone but the sound in the game doesnt change either way.

I emailed rotten dog a few days ago but still no word back yet and Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue or knows how to solve it. Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Weekend bump

#3 7 years ago

Not sure if it is the same problem but someone had bad sound with a rottendog MPU in an F14 a few days ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-sound-issue-wrottendog-mpu#post-3163476

Rottendog may have a bad batch of parts and their standard lack of quality control has not caught them.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks wonkotsane but I tried to swap the 6802 rom and it did not fix my problem. I found that tread the other day and unfortunately that fix did not work for me.

1 month later
#5 7 years ago

I just installed a rotten dog MTU in my transporter. I too am having the same issue with the voices sounding scratchy and unclear. The noise issue goes away when I unplug the audio cable from that daughter board. I too will be emailing rotten dog to see if there is a remedy.

#6 7 years ago

I have a system 11b Mpu 100% working if someone is in need. I need to raise funds for a HD I'm working on

2 months later
#7 7 years ago

Bump. . .anyone else have this problem? It seems related to that auxiliary sound section that plugs into the main board. No response from RD either.

#8 7 years ago

I have emailed RD asking question about a system 11 MPU board. No answer over a month.

#9 7 years ago

I've sent multiple emails. Time for a refund. I'll be calling. I'm also having problems with a system 80 board from rottendog. No displays on that one. Dead out of the box. 2 boards both with problems. The only luck I've had with rotten dog is power supply's. And I'll be sticking with power supply's only and I'll be reluctant to do that.

#10 7 years ago

listen, that board will also not work in elvira or fire. certain sounds (speech) are very distorted.
i tried more than one of those new mpu, also spoke top him on the phone, sent both boards to him.
they just dont work correct in some games.
the stock boards worked fine in the same exact machines.

#11 7 years ago

That sucks. . .the Kohout system 11 board works flawlessly and of course they quit making it. I am floored at how bad the game sounds. . .I guess don't connect the sound from Rottendog's MPU to the sound board. What a pisser.

#12 7 years ago

"listen, that board will also not work in elvira or fire. certain sounds (speech) are very distorted. . . .they just dont work correct in some games." Add Transporter the Rescue and Big Guns to that list. Although I suspect that if I put that damn board in my other system 11's it will sound like crap too.

1 week later
#13 7 years ago

it works ok in CYCLONE that i have tried.

2 weeks later
#14 7 years ago

I'm sending my board in for a replacement soon and will update when I get a new one.

#15 7 years ago

I called Jerod (http://rottendog.us/contact%20us.html) when I was having this exact problem on my Taxi. He asked me to send it in, but the game was going on location the next day so I just rolled with it.

7 months later
#16 6 years ago

Bump. I'm having this exact problem with an Elvira. Has anyone found a resolution?

#17 6 years ago

I had this issue on my Pin-Bot. I added a pot on the red wire of the input harness from the daughter board to the sound board and it took care of the loudness issues from the sounds from the MPU daughter board. But my helicopter noise is still there. Not as loud, but it's still there. Rotten Dog sent me a new chip for the board (not sure which one), and when it didn't work they basically shrugged and said sorry. I bought the game with the MPU already in there, so i didn't raise too much of a stink with them since i wasn't the original owner of the board, but with all the same issues people are having, i was hoping for more of a roll of the dice then a shoulder shrug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-williams-system-11-sound-problems-big-guns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.