Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dgoett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9519 (resized).PNG
    #1 6 years ago

Just curious, have you ever used one of these boards? (Rottendog WDB 089 Wpc power driver board). What game did you use it on? What was your experience with it? Did it fix your problems? Did it cause new problems? I'm just interested in hearing about people's experiences with these boards. Good? Or bad? What was your experience? Thanks!

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Just curious, have you ever used one of these boards? (Rottendog WDB 089 Wpc power driver board). What game did you use it on? What was your experience with it? Did it fix your problems? Did it cause new problems? I'm just interested in hearing about people's experiences with these boards. Good? Or bad? What was your experience? Thanks!

Can you list a link to the exact board in question? I am on my phone and cannot quickly reference. I have a power driver board from RD in my TAF, and would be happy to share my opinion!

#3 6 years ago

IMG_9519 (resized).PNGIMG_9519 (resized).PNG

#4 6 years ago

I've bought one new and bought games with them installed. Never an issue. I also have other RD products and no issues. I definitely recommend their products.

#5 6 years ago

I have both rotten dog power driver and dmd boards in WH2O.

Purchased them as intermediate fixes until I got around to doing the repairs/component replacements on the boards.

dmd board has been running since August with no problems and a couple hundred plays.

The power driver board was installed about two weeks ago and no problems to report.

I read some people complain about buzzing through the speakers for certain games where the power driver board was installed. I do not have this issue on my WH2O.

#6 6 years ago

We have that board fitted to our TAF and it works faultlessly. I would recommend that you check the resistance across all your coils before fitting new Rottondog and make sure that you have no shorts under the playfield or in the wiring. The original boards are a lot more tolerant to residual current so you may find that when you fit the rottondog it could blow fuses or burn transistors. The issues will be under the playfield or in the cabinet, not the new rottondog. We have previously used DMD driver, flipper boards and MPU boards and never had any issue with rottondog product.

Good luck! We recommend. Without them there would plenty of machines in the scrap heap.

#7 6 years ago

Yep, agreed with all of these comments. My board has been solid so far in my TAF.

#8 6 years ago

Ive had, and have, about 20 rottendog boards in 15 games. No problems at all. I did blow a couple transistors for a fish tales knocker, but that was my fault.

#9 6 years ago

Have been running one in Creature for almost 2 years with no issues. Fixed my reset issue, haven't looked back

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ive had, and have, about 20 rottendog boards in 15 games. No problems at all. I did blow a couple transistors for a fish tales knocker, but that was my fault.

Good lord. What did you do with all those original driver boards?

#11 6 years ago

Great feedback everyone! Keep it coming! Mike

#12 6 years ago

Personally, I'll all for repairing myself or sending out the original driver board(s) for repair unless there is a hole in the board. Sending the original driver board out for repair should be at least half the cost of a new Rottendog driver board.

#13 6 years ago

We use them all the time.
    Very solid boards and work well.
    Some people may chime in and say they don't work with TZ, but in my experience I've had the board in 4 TZs and all worked flawlessly.

PinLED driver boards though? That's a totally different story. They DO NOT work with LEDs - they ghost like crazy. Why a company called pinLED would have boards incompatible with LEDs is nuts. They do seem to work fine on incandescent games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-wdb-089-power-driver-board?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.