4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Cheddar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I have a friend nearby who recently purchased a Firepower 2 machine with a Rottendog MPU327 in it. For the first couple weeks it worked fine, but now boots into audit mode. Fast cycling the power switch gets it to come up playable. He says it has a new battery installed. I haven't been there to check it over yet, headed that way soon. I have a Firepower machine a couple doors down from him I can use to check his RD board in a system 6.I remember reading that the mpu327 isn't compatible with Black Knight, but now I see it has been decertified for all system 7 games. Assuming the battery is in fact good and connected right, what is the next step? Is there anyone else out there in a similar situation or running a MPU327 successfully in a system 7?

#2 4 years ago

They still work fine in System 7's - just not some BK's. I have one in Jungle Lord and Time Fantasy with no issues. They still work, just unsupported.

#3 4 years ago

I have 1 in Barracora without issue

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-system-7?hl=oilspot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.