(Topic ID: 259299)

Rottendog Support -- Anyone Home?

By JimWilks

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20C0DAF3-51AF-42EC-BFBD-9F4B140497F2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwilks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Over the last years, I've been a big user of Rottendog boards. I've likely spent well over $5000 on their products.

I recently purchased a Data East Flipper board FLP023 and have had some problems with the DIP switch setup.

1) I went to look at the schematic of the board for further information, but all of the board schematics are gone!

2) I contacted them by email, but after 2 weeks of waiting, no reply.

3) I phoned the number on the website, but get no answer and a message that voicemail messages have not been setup.

Is this now really a working business or just a cash grab on their prior reputation???

#3 4 years ago

I agree that this may have been a great guy in the past,

BUT if he does not bother to reply to emails, does not bother to answer the phone, and does not bother to setup voicemail he is basically saying "get lost" to his customers.

Now when I call, I get a message that "the number is out of service"!

What kind of a guy does that make him now???

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from castlesteve:

i may have that schematic here... i'll check. I do know that the printed version is nearly impossible to read though

That's my problem -- The printed schematic is too small and fuzzy to read details. The online files have always been good for this as you can zoom in on them easily. However, all of the online files are now gone.

#10 4 years ago

Yes, that helps. Thanks very much.

Sad when pinsiders are vastly more help than the manufacturer himself.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

He’s going thru new staff. I’ll see if I can get him to fix his contact info with correct info next time I see him

I really can't see how new staff prevents him from replying to emails.

4 weeks later
    #25 4 years ago

I've been waiting over a month. No responses at all. Perhaps he's no longer interested in our business.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimwilks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-support-anyone-home?tu=jimwilks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.