Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Inkochnito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150522_204712.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I've got two new Rottendog mpu boards. Both of them scramble the dmd as in the pic. The original board works fine. Am I missing something? One bad board I can accept, two in a row makes me question myself. Dip stitches are correct, and I'm using the same chips, switching them from oem board and back again. Any ideas?

20150522_204712.jpg20150522_204712.jpg
    #3 8 years ago

Yea, this pin was such a pile I didn't have much choice. I put the other two boards in a while ago, they work fine. It's just the mpu board I'm changing that's causing it. The a/v board is the second one also, first one I got was bad. But now two mpu boards, I'm thinking it's me because I can't imagine anyone getting 3 bad boards at once...

#5 8 years ago

Yep, triple checked every pin on every plug.

#7 8 years ago

Did it again to be sure, but I checked that too. I thought maybe it pulled loose when it was folded down. It's all good. Just stuck the oem board back in and all is well, put the RD board back in, scrambled.

...just to clarify why I'm changing a board that works - there are very occasional random gameplay glitches that I can't trace to any switches. Since I already installed the other two new boards, I thought I might as well get the mpu board too and see if that fixes it. Nothing major, more of an experiment.

#9 8 years ago

Playing around with it tonight I can't see anything else that it could be. So be it, I just wanted to run it passed everyone here to be sure.
    Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BillR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-scrambles-dmd-is-it-me?tu=BillR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.