Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20230715_154221903 (resized).jpg
IMG_0800 (resized).jpg
Rottendog System11 PS Fix (resized).jpg
Rottendog SDB (U1) 01 (resized).jpg
Rottendog SDB (resized).jpg
Rottendog SDB (U1) 02 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from smileymatthew:

Just a heads up to everyone. I guess Rottendog is now under new Ownership - good news I suppose.
The Good news - I got my Combo 3-6 Board Fixed. Bad News: It only worked for 2 months before it started exhibiting strange behavior (Crazy flipper relay issues and just general wackiness - unplayable) - It had been in a Stellar Wars. Side note, I put a new MPU/Driver in Stellar Wars and it was FINE - so nothing had shorted on the PF or otherwise.
Worse news: The repair bill with a barely used board with 5 bad components was $165. Not sure how 5 things went bad in a barely used board, but that's what I was told.
Just a heads up to anyone who might be looking into buying or having one of these fixed - you may want to go another route.
Cheers!

Replacing the components is cheap, most components are cheap. Having the knowledge to find the components is the expensive part. Most guys who do board repair have backlogs of jobs to do.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from smileymatthew:

Parts cost was $50 ( 2 6821, x1 clock, q8&ic8) - Labor was $100 - Shipping was $15. So well over $500 total cost in a 2 month old board that quite frankly I'm leery of using again.
I've used other boards of theirs (Displays, DE Flipper Board, WPC MPU's and WMS/DE power supplies ) and have basically had decent luck. I did have a power board that blew the high voltage section upon power on and the DE DMD Power board hums so bad it's incredibly annoying to listen to the game in attract mode. Also had a couple of WPC Driver boards with issues out of the box (locked on coils etc) but I've stockpiled enough Rebuilt OEM boards I shouldn't be needing them anymore.
Was just surprised that this board - barely used ended up have 5 bad components - seemingly without explanation. Just wanted to give others a heads up as this has taken a bunch of time and money.

Yeah you make a good point. The cost to value on these boards is declining. Anything higher than that and it's cheaper to buy a more expensive board you can rely on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

1,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-repairs?tu=cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.