(Topic ID: 225045)

Rottendog Power Driver issue? Or maybe something deeper? Need help.

By QuickSilverShelby

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180922-193830_Photos (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have an Indiana Jones Williams. I just replace the original Power Driver Board as well as the Fliptronics Board with New Rotten Dog Boards.

With the new Rottendog Power Drive Board everything works on the game except the lower back box lights. Strange thing is, on my old original Power Driver board the lower back box lights also did not work.

Here's what I have done to try and locate the issue:
- I have confirm the lower backbox string of lights is working via a 9 volt battery test. All lights light up so we know it's not an issue with the string of lights.
- I have confirmed that there is power coming in through J115 at the #5 pin and the #10 pin. I have metered the back of the J115 connector as well as on the front of the J115 connector and I have power on both the front and rear of the connector.
- I have confirmed the F107 fuse is good which feeds the J120-5 and J120-10 pins.

There is no power coming from J120-5 and J120-10 (Green String). There is power to all other strings on J120 and J121. The Yellow, Orange, Brown and Violet strings all have power and all strings work as expected.

The only thing I can think of is there is an issue with the Q16 on the new Rottendog Board. How do I actually test Q16 to see it the problem is truely there?

What I find very odd is that the same issue existed on my old original board. How could you have the same issue on two boards made 25 years apart?

Could there be an issue with the power coming off the transformer somehow overloading only Q16 and causing it to fail or is this just a case of unusual coincidence?

Any help would be appreciated.

QSS

#2 5 years ago

The problem has to be one of the connector pins in the J115 harness, right?

QSS

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Check the AC voltage on each side of the fuse in respect to the ground braid wire one end at a time. I have seen some fuses test ok with the continuity test with the fuse off the board, but then actually fail when voltage is going thru it.

I'm back working on this over the weekend. I don't think it is a fuse issue. I have changed the F107 fuse and moved it to F108, F109 and F106 and the problem stays on the F107 string.

I'm gonna replace the J115 connector and pins and see what happens. I'm convinced this is where the issue is. If not, then I'll be at a complete loss. I'll report back on what happens once I attack the J115 connector and pins.

QSS

1 week later
#5 5 years ago

I solved the problem today. Everything coming into J115 was replaced with new pins and a new connector. The problem was a burnt wire in the #10 position. Glad to have my Indy 100 % working again with lower backlights lights fully operational.

QSS

Screenshot_20180922-193830_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180922-193830_Photos (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

And the Rottendog board works beautifully. Gonna order three more boards for my Indiana Jones and I'll have all new Rottendog Boards along with the Pindound boards. It'll be like a brand new game.

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-power-driver-issue-or-maybe-something-deeper?tu=QuickSilverShelby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.