(Topic ID: 230426)

Rottendog new sys11 MPU

By wdennie

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E3A793A5-551D-447C-9953-1BCB33BE480A (resized).jpeg

#1 5 years ago

title says it all, Any body see the new sys 11 rottendog is going to put out, I read it also will work on sys 9?
    Check it out, K's Arcade has coming soon.

#2 5 years ago

really, after all the treads about where to find a sys11 no one is inetersted?

#3 5 years ago

I am interested but have had many problems with some of their products in the past. If you have an original board, try to get it fixed first.

#4 5 years ago

Every board gets issues, Rottendog or original.

Happy they are making a new board. It's basically all we've got in saving some of these pins.

#5 5 years ago

I have a original. And no need for it

E3A793A5-551D-447C-9953-1BCB33BE480A (resized).jpegE3A793A5-551D-447C-9953-1BCB33BE480A (resized).jpeg
    #6 5 years ago

I have about 5 clean spares and grab them when ever I can. I'll end up trying a rottendog but don't have much hope. I hated their prior system 11a-c boards.

#7 5 years ago

Out of curiosity, what types of problems have you all had. I have used rottendog boards forever and had maybe two issues and Jim perosnally called me to take care of both of those. I’m guessing I’ve had at least 50+ rottendog boards so it’s not like 2 out of 10. That’s MPUs, power supply’s, displays, PPBs, flipper boards, driver boards, etc...

#8 5 years ago

I have a Rottendog, it works but the sound is absolutely atrocious on my F-14. Thankfully I got my original board repaired and the Rottendog board is simply a super expensive replacement if anything ever happens to the original again.

I do agree with the poster a few posts back, it's all we have when it comes to replacements.

#9 5 years ago

Hopefully this upgrade has all prior problems fixed, it sounds like it may have the sounds built into the main board.
    H

#10 5 years ago

previous versions had sound issues with elvira and others. distorted over modulate speech, etc. hope they figured it out.

#11 5 years ago

I bet that thing's not going to be cheap.

#12 5 years ago

Yes, as previous person said Jim is a great person to talk to and help you through many problems. Problems I have encountered over the years that stick out are power supplies! Power supply for a DE LW3 fried the dot matrix...got new power supply but replaced the dot matrix myself. A power supply for a Haunted House fried 2 displays, Jim sent 1 replacement and tried to correct board but it never did work properly. I had a MPU for a F-14 that never worked correctly with solenoid issues and sent it back. On the other hand, I have had no issues with WPC MPU's.
    The main issue with me is how can you send out new boards with voltage issues on the power supply boards? Don't they check them?

#13 5 years ago

Have had good luck with wpc rottendog. System 11 cpu is a toss up o. Sound working properly. Lots of variations when it comes to sound with that system.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-new-sys11-mpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.