Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NYP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I installed this new Rottendog MPU in a Jokerz that had acid damage. 2 questions for those familiar with these. When you power it up, does it make a weird power up sound? Powers up and plays fine so not looking to spend too much time on that.

Also I tried adjust the 2 blue trimmer, assuming these would balance the background sound with the speech, but after about a 1,000 turns on each one I don't hear any difference, anyone have any input on this? TIA

#2 1 year ago

I just installed a RD in Whirlwind yesterday because original had so much damage it wasn't worth fixing. I had exact same issue trying to balance background sound and speech. Trimpots seem to do absolutely nothing. It also makes the strange noise on power up but works fine. So far I'm not a fan of RD.

#3 1 year ago

Did either of you try changing the W8 W9 jumper and see if that made a difference

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Did either of you try changing the W8 W9 jumper and see if that made a difference

I did, but didn't change anything. I was able to get the sound balanced, trying one in one direction and the other in the opposite direction seemed to work, or I just got lucky, but the background sound and speech are balanced now. But wow, what an "unsettling" bunch of weirdness on power up, seems never the same sequence twice. But it does power up and work. Just wanted to see if others are experiencing the same weirdness.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-mpu9211-sound-trimmer-pots-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.