By Arcade

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DS3_initial_settings_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Just installed a new Rottendog combo board in my Barracora.
The instructions say to just install connector 1J2, set all DIP's to 1 and boot game with no battery installed.
Then it says I should see blinking LED's on my new board.
However, when I do this I just get solid red LED's
All the provided instructions say is that my board is not operating properly. No suggestions as to what may be the issue.
Thought maybe someone on the boards may have an idea.
I sent an email to them as well as Big Daddy who I purchased the board from but since it is the weekend now I probably won't hear back from them soon.
Any ideas.
I did have the game playing for quite awhile with the original boards but then it started having issues here and there and I decided to just get a new board instead of messing with the original that has been hacked on many many times.

#5 8 years ago

Here is the story so far.
First thing is, I thought the dip switches were the kind that slide up and down not the ones that rock back and forth like these do.
So yes I had them all in the wrong position.
But it turns out it really did not matter.
Now the red LED's stay on solid for about 30 seconds then start blinking like they should. However there is a clicking noise on the board while they are doing this. Had Rottendog on the phone and he says that is not good.
So he had me test voltage at a test point on the board that should have a steady 5 volts.
I was only getting 4.76 which he says is not enough to make the board run stable.
I now have a new power distribution board on the way.
Hopefully that will clear this up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lodi, WI
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Myers, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-mpu327-issue?tu=arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.