(Topic ID: 161367)

Rottendog DPS004 issue - what components do I need to check/test

By martymart

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martymart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

My Rottendog DPS004 has been causing issues with my DMD on my data east LAH. I have replaced the power board with an original but was wondering if there is any components I should be testing on the Rottendog board that may need replacing as I would like to keep it as a spare. If so what is the correct way to test these components. I do have a DMM although not 100% sure how to test onboard components.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Chris. The problem I was having was the DMD was blanking out after it displayed the rom information. I then installed the power board in to another machine which worked but still had some display issues on the DMD where random dots would not display. When I install an original working board the DMD works perfect on each machine. I am assuming there is some level of voltage drop on the Rottendog board which is causing the issue. All other parts of the machine work fine it is only the DMD that is impacted by the Rottendog DPS004

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 78.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider martymart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-dps004-issue-what-components-do-i-need-to-checktest?tu=martymart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.