Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Spybryon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I just purchased a Laser Cue machine with a new rottendog board and the game is playing a little funny. I read in a couple other posts that the dip switch setting can cause confusion and I am wondering if mine might be reversed.

The DS3 dip switch box has the tabs that rotate instead of slide. When the tabs are sticking out on the bottom (which is labeled open), does that mean the tab is set to 0 or 1?

If I try reversing the last six switches to check and see if they are reversed, could this cause a bigger issue?

By playing funny here is what I mean - I am testing the targets manually with the glass off. I know the targets must be hit in order in this game. 1,2 and 3 all register fine. When I press the 4 target it drops but the 4 light still blinks. If I complete P-O-O-L above then the 4 registers and it moves to five. I have the same issue with the 6 ball and also with one of the L targets for B-A-L-L.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Scott

#2 9 years ago

I realized that if I reverse them then I need to reverse all 8 - assuming they are all set backwards. Any harm in trying this? I wouldn't think so but better safe than sorry!

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

By playing funny here is what I mean - I am testing the targets manually with the glass off. I know the targets must be hit in order in this game. 1,2 and 3 all register fine. When I press the 4 target it drops but the 4 light still blinks. If I complete P-O-O-L above then the 4 registers and it moves to five. I have the same issue with the 6 ball and also with one of the L targets for B-A-L-L.

This sounds correct to me. The game is designed to keep working on location even if one of the drops don't register. Look at the playfield and rules sheet. It should say completing POOL spots a drop. Same thing with completing BALL spots a POOL letter.

You must have a bad switch on drop 4 and the L standup.

#4 9 years ago

OK - the issue I have is with at least 3 of the targets (one is drop target and the other two are stand-ups) and the sound works fine when I hit the targets - it registers a sound and score, but it does not light the letter that it is supposed to.

The big question I have is whether I can try reversing the dip switches to see if the game setting is incorrect. Would this mess up my game worse if I program in the wrong game setting and then try to play it?

#5 9 years ago

I had an issue with a MPU327 for my Gorgar. Called Jim, and he said that some of the dip switches were installed backwards. I reversed all the switches and have had no problems since. He waited on the phone for me while I did the switch flip to be sure it worked. Great service!

#6 9 years ago

Thanks Tullster - it sounds safe to give this a shot then. I'll try this evening.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

OK - the issue I have is with at least 3 of the targets (one is drop target and the other two are stand-ups) and the sound works fine when I hit the targets - it registers a sound and score, but it does not light the letter that it is supposed to.

Run a switch test and see if the correct switches are registering or not.

It could be that the switch is fine but the controlled lamp is not coming on for some reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-dip-switch-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.