4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Got a DE Rottendog MPU that was in a Playboy machine – I assumed it was working, but looks like its not the case. The Playboy is cactus, so I took the board out of there to repair another guys Hook that had battery leakage. It didn’t work – the PIA and 5V lights stay on, and blanking never goes on, PIA never goes off.

The machine upon power up says “Hook” 3 times, but nothing appears on the display

I have:

Put new sockets in Rom/RAM/CPU

Checked all 6821’s in my Quicksilver, and 1 didn’t pass self test, so I replaced it

All voltages are good.

I did see the signal at the 555 chip is low at pin 3, when it should be high, not low. I also saw some info stating that Pin4 of 11B should be high with a logic probe – which it is.

Can anyone offer any advice on anything else to check?

#2 4 years ago

I have also verified that jumper J5 is in, which is the appropriate setting for a 512k ROM in U27 (and verified that the game ROM is a 512 chip)

#3 4 years ago

Problem solved. The board was supplied with a dodgy 6802 at u3, then the one i used (that i thought worked) was also dodgy.

After trying a 3rd time (and many other things), with another new 6802, everything worked!

#4 4 years ago

Figures, glad you found the problem though.

John

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-de-mpu-not-booting-pia-stays-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.