New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 280435)

RottenDog Data East Flipper Board - Locked On Flipper

By pinstersix

32 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by pinstersix
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 32 days ago

I can't get ahold of Jim through email and his voicemail isn't set up, so I'm hoping one of you is familiar with his 3-in-1 board, FLP023, or maybe that he'll read this question here. Coil A's fuse keeps blowing, and the right flipper on my Jurassic Park is locked up. I'm fairly certain that Q7 is bad and that I'll need to order another one. My question is what else might need to be replaced on the board if Q7 has gone bad... anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

#2 32 days ago

check your manual to see if there is a diode across the coil lugs. Usually when having that issue, replace both at the same time. If only one is bad and replaced it can blow the other....then the never ending cycle continues

#3 32 days ago

I had the same problem with this board, and as far as I could tell it was a design/manufacturing error inherent to the board itself. I saved myself the headache and bought a NOS DE flipper board for like $75. Worked like a charm while the RottenDog rots on the shelf.

#4 31 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I had the same problem with this board, and as far as I could tell it was a design/manufacturing error inherent to the board itself. I saved myself the headache and bought a NOS DE flipper board for like $75. Worked like a charm while the RottenDog rots on the shelf.

Good to know. I already repaired the original board, so I'll probably just leave that in then. Odd that there wouldn't be any support for the board. Bummer. Thanks for the response!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside