Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinfarmer
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smileymatthew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So, I decided to upgrade original Driver in a Flintstones to a Rottendog. Original was OKAY but game was going far away so wanted to make sure the person that got it had a new driver so it would be trouble free.

Each Rottendog board I put in (3 total, all new) would blow Fuse F104 either upon startup or after the first ball and I'm assuming taking out some logic as well as some coils would lock on. I put the original back in and ZERO problems.

So 3 Different rottendog boards in all locked on coils and blew fuses, original did not and games runs fine with original.

totally stumped as to what's going on here. Sending the boards back to Rottendog to have them looked at. Any ideas why they would all "blow" but the original would not?

#3 4 years ago

No Mixed up Connectors. I'm not sure what the issue is, but has to be something in the RD boards that is either wrong or bad.

No Issues on the 5V, but as described above coil(s) locking on right away or very quickly after the game gets going.

RD has a great variety of products and I use a ton of them, but I've had A LOT of issues with these boards and the WMS3-6 Boards with bad transistors/logic either out of the box or very soon.

Put a New 3-6 Board in a hot tip for someone, it lasted a day before the right slingshot locked on and fried the coil. Ended up replacing Coil and Transistor - board was brand new.

#5 4 years ago

Yes - exact same issue I'm having. OEM stuff works fine.

Yeah, I like the products, but wow, having some issues on these. I contacted them but no reply back so I'm just sending them all in for Repair - don't really have much of a choice. I'm not sure if they changed the board design or what - but something isn't right. My only complaint is that it's wasting A LOT of time messing with all of this. Many hours, time and postage.

#7 4 years ago

hope it all works out. I'm grateful for some many replacement products, but like you said, it's a lot of messing around. I just need these things to work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6.95
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smileymatthew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-boards-vs-original-issue-wpc-driver?tu=smileymatthew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.