(Topic ID: 286177)

Rottendog board liquidation

By toddsvec

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I posted 2 weeks ago what was going on with the new owner of Rottendog, who's yet to make any announcement of what's going on with the company, at least to my knowledge.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-new-rottendog#post-6055203

I did notice though that in an attempt to hurt my sales, he has removed me from the distributors list. Guess ethics are out the door here and it's pure greed. Despite the fact I bought the majority of the last inventory of finished and unfinished boards from Jim at Rottendog, I'm no longer "a distributor". He also removed the other top sellers. The good news for pinheads all around is a lot of new stuff is being worked on by a lot of people. Big Daddy boards, XPin boards, Pinball Basement and more. Lots of rumors going back and forth I won't ruin anyone's surprises.

That being said, I'm going to dump some of the Rottendog inventory I have. Strictly to streamline and lower my inventory. Some of this is slower moving inventory that XPin already supplies, and some are just boards I have a few left, or ones I have many of. I've yet to set prices on all as this has all come up in the last 24 hours. This isn't a money grab or desperation, the funds will go straight in to investing in new product and ramping up what's already in the works. Most of it I will warranty for 6 months as previously posted, but some will be sold as-is with a caveat, I will replace once if it is found to be a manufacturing defect and postage is paid both ways by the buyer, a bit of a gamble with saving some money. That being said, most Rottendog boards weren't tested at all, I found this out as Jim was getting out, and really as a percentage, a low failure rate. I will be posting a list and the prices soon on my Big Daddy Facebook page, something I see a little more than Pinside. It's link is www.facebook.com/Big-Daddy-Enterprises-243775242366676. The first board I will be offering is the Rottendog MPUSEC MPU board for

Corvette
    Dirty Harry
    Flintstones
    Indianapolis 500
    Jack*Bot
    Johnny Mnemonic
    No Fear: Dangerous Sports
    Road Show
    The Shadow
    Theatre of Magic
    WHO dunnit
    World Cup Soccer

Normally $220 plus shipping, I will be selling about 200 for $150 shipped in the US. Let me know on Facebook if you want one or email.

I will also be offering some MPU9211s that are unpopulated & tested with 6821s, as well as some fully tested with new Western Design Center 6521s. The new owner has pushed the price to $500 and I think that's out of line, but it is supply and demand. That's the news from Big Daddy Enterprises & XPin Pinball

Todd

#2 3 years ago

It’s going to be an interesting year for pinball,
    the whole Rottendog status just keeps getting worse and you can definitely tell they aren’t what they used to be.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Condemnedcad:

you can definitely tell they aren’t what they used to be.

Currently dealing with a bad WDB089 that is not only a factory defect, customer claims it has been repaired before. The new owner is signing his emails "Jim", when I have found out Jim turned 100% of the company (product, site, data, email) over to Marty on January 2nd. The customer is in Costa Rica and it costs almost $200 to send it back. New RD owner will not send a replacement and will not pay for return shipping. He basically says it's my problem.

#4 3 years ago

If I would have hit that big lotto the other day I would somehow design and build every board for every electronic pinball for the major manufacturers. There is a market for them and the supply is nil. I would be doing it for the sake of the pinball community. I remember when Jim first started making replacement boards. I was with him at many of the shows. Great guy and very customer friendly. How many pinball games were rescued from the scrap pile because of his contribution to the game? Hundreds? Thousands? He had a good product at one time. I have had very few problems with his boards and since the alternative was to salvage a game, I will be forever thankful that he took on that challenge to introduce modern tech to 40 year old products. Also most of his products were made in the USA. Todd, I hope you and any partners you have realize the potential both financially and to the industry of providing a dependable product and making them readily available. That will keep scoundrels from jacking the price up by double or triple. The last system 11 RD board I had to buy was over $500. I digress.......

1 week later
    #5 3 years ago

What a mess all of this is. Does XPin plan to release a WPC089 type driver board?

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

What a mess all of this is. Does XPin plan to release a WPC089 type driver board?

Anything is possible these days.

Sorry rd is being rotton.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-board-liquidation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.