(Topic ID: 251805)

Rottendog Board adjustment issue

By pinballheaven

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I put rottendog boards in my phoenix 1978 Williams pinball about 9 years ago and they have been working great. My issue is i want to change from 3 ball play to 5 ball play but can't seem to do it? Can anybody help me?

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballheaven:

I put rottendog boards in my phoenix 1978 Williams pinball about 9 years ago and they have been working great. My issue is i want to change from 3 ball play to 5 ball play but can't seem to do it? Can anybody help me?

What happens when you do what the manual describes?

#3 4 years ago

Doesn't Rottendog mirror the audit/adjustment features of a regular system 7 by using the coin door buttons?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Doesn't Rottendog mirror the audit/adjustment features of a regular system 7 by using the coin door buttons?

Not sure if all rottendogs do, but my the V1 board in my solar fire does. I assumed it was the same for all

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

If they do, since Phoenix software is system 4 (it's really still system 3 software just running in a system 4 board originally) you need to set it using the DIP switch method described in the williams' manual. It's a real PITA. This is if it's unmodified WMS software... if they changed it to use something else, all bets are off and you can contact Rottendog to see if they have some other method to do this.

#6 4 years ago

Hi Guys, Thanks so much for all your responses it was really appreciated! The coin door buttons got me in but would not let me make any adjustments like in the later sys 6 and later boards. I actually had to use the dip switch method as mentioned by Slochar and yes it was a real PITA but got it sorted! Thanks again for all your help!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-board-adjustment-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.