(Topic ID: 276843)

Rottendog. Anyone know why the website/account is suspended?

By sniffsnerk

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20201221_193240 (resized).jpg
    20201221_193245 (resized).jpg
    20201223_200941 (resized).jpg
    wpc_printer (resized).jpg
    20200902_142154 (resized).jpg
    20200909_201445 (resized).jpg
    117953671_10101498084419152_1666832419019240694_n (resized).jpg
    117950940_10101498084878232_5454331454733200518_n (resized).jpg
    Pinball Basement (1) (resized).png
    WPC_Terminator2.jpg
    S11_Rollergames.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

The new original boards will be the same unless a drop in replacement can offer a better solution for the circuit. The main reason these are being made is to put the hacked boards to rest and have a proven circuit be used in the machine as intended. For example the Sys 3-7 Driver board can have a transistor updated and the high wattage resistors are no longer needed with that update. If I get down to that level of games, I will update the part to solve that issue. Another issue such as the special solenoid circuits should have been fused. I would add inline fuses to this design and make that safer.
    If Williams issued a service bulletin to update an aspect of the boards, this would be updated as well.
    Circuit board fabrication has come a LONG way in 30 years when all these original boards were first made. Better through hole plating and fabrication processes in general. Yes, the old boards haven't aged well, but I'd like to prove that a new board of the old design just flat out works and will age better than the older boards. When repairs need to be made, the pads won't come up with the trace.
    Redesigning boards could be on the table as time goes on, but for now authenticity is my main goal and I just want the board to work without any issues. Too many times i've seen people take out a competitors board and put back an original board to get it working like it should.
    6821's are back in production actually... really good timing on my part. I'm really happy that I can produce system 11 boards and not have to worry about second hand chips not lasting.

Who is reproducing the 6821 IC Chips?

2 weeks later
    #93 3 years ago

Do you have the files for the rare printer boards for Williams WPC ?

#95 3 years ago

I personally don't need them but see others looking occasionally.

part number 63110 from WMS Part Sales.

wpc_printer (resized).jpgwpc_printer (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #126 3 years ago
    Quoted from bsrhardy:

Have you heard from anyone? Would really love some good news that they have contacted you. There is a definite need and it couldn’t come fast enough for me and my Tommy!

I think RottenDog sold off inventory and closed up shop. Pinball_Basement is now making boards. Not sure on Data East/Sega boards....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-anyone-know-why-the-website-account-is-suspended?tu=chad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.