2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by dfwguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hello, I just installed a Rotten Dog MPU in a Simpsons, I'm getting on displays "Memory error open door" message.
    Any ideas ? in U27 I have a 256k and jumper on J4

#2 2 years ago

Since you just installed the board new, I say that you need to go into the menu to load default settings. Once you reboot, your error should go away.

#3 2 years ago

I can't, it won't let get into the menu (test or settings)

#4 2 years ago

You have two paths forward.

1. Open the coin door before powering on the machine to open the coin door switch.
    2. Failing that disconnect CN14 and power on the machine.

If neither of those fix the problem then you likely have an issue with the ICs dealing with digital logic and the signals handling the ~MEMPROTECT signal.

#5 2 years ago

I'll try that, thanks !

#6 2 years ago

Hello, unplugged CN14 and it worked ok, happens that connectors CN13 and CN14 were switched, thanks for your help !

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rotten-dog-mpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.